Software Engineering Manager
We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software, and solutions for a smarter, more connected world.
Our integrated hardware and software platform, intuitive development tools, unmatched ecosystem and robust support make us the ideal long-term partner in building advanced industrial, commercial, home and life applications. We make it easy for developers to solve complex wireless challenges throughout the product lifecycle and get to market quickly with innovative solutions that transform industries, grow economies and improve lives.
Are you looking for a chance to create cutting edge IOT technologies?
This is the chance to be at the absolute forefront of Smart Home development. Our Z-Wave software teams are responsible for creating leading edge scalable solutions that allows our customers to market innovative products in this high growth space.
As our Manager for Z-Wave Open-source development team, you get:
- The opportunity to be a driving force in the global Silicon Labs IOT SW R&D organization
- A job in a dynamic and highly innovative technology company in a rapidly growing global market
- The chance to join a group of highly professional and dedicated colleagues
- The satisfaction of seeing your work in action. Our offices are packed with our own products and we have clear line of sight between what we do and what that enables.
Are you ready to break the boundaries of a Smart Home?
As part of our Z-Wave software team, your workdays revolve around innovation - initiated by yourself, your colleagues or customer requests. The Z-Wave technology have recently entered a new era by introducing long-range capabilities and at the same time the Z-Wave Alliance significantly expanded its technology initiatives to include Open-source projects.
What you will be doing:
- Lead a team of embedded network stack designers in our Copenhagen design office
- Drive the Silicon Labs participation in the Z-Wave Open-source activities
- Develop, certify and support production quality Silicon Labs feature contributions for the Z-Wave Open-Source project
- Drive the integration of the Z-Wave open-source code base into the Silabs Software development Kit in close collaboration with the Z-Wave SW platform in Copenhagen and the Z-Wave Application team in Budapest
- Championing the Z-Wave Scrum process within the team
Mastery needed for success in this role:
- 5+ years experience as Embedded SW manager or Embedded SW team lead
- 3+ years experience in actively contributing to open-source projects
- Experience with wireless networks and communication protocols (Z-Wave, ZigBee, BLE, etc)
- Strong experience with C programming in RTOS constrained environments
- Experience with Unit test and Static code analysis
- Experience with Scrum – either as a Contributor, Scrum master or Product owner
- Relevant technical background such as M.Sc.E.E or equivalent
Are you looking for a supportive and success-seeking work culture?
Joining Z-Wave in Copenhagen, you will experience a supportive and multicultural global product organization, where you will get many different perspectives and cooperate with enthusiastic, hard-working colleagues.
Intrigued? Apply today to learn more about our success story!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.