Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer
We are Silicon Labs. We are a leader in secure, intelligent wireless technology for a more connected world. Our integrated hardware and software platform, intuitive development tools, unmatched ecosystem and robust support make us the ideal long-term partner in building advanced industrial, commercial, home and life applications. We make it easy for developers to solve complex wireless challenges throughout the product lifecycle and get to market quickly with innovative solutions that transform industries, grow economies and improve lives.
Silicon Labs seeks a Senior Embedded Software Engineer to work on the software and tools used in our wireless networking technology. As part of our radio software team you will help create and extend the code that presents a consistent, well-structured, well-documented, high-quality interface to our wireless chips.
The RAIL (Radio Abstraction Interface Layer) team is a critical link to all wireless IoT initiatives at Silicon Labs, as it enables our users to focus on networking issues and hides the complexities of interfacing with the many different radio ICs we manufacture. In this role, you will be part of a of talented team of software engineers that works closely with the Silicon IC Design team to define the new radio features and functionality in our wireless IoT ICs. This includes full cycle development and support, characterization, and launch of these products. The end goal is to provide core radio software support for wireless communications by the Silicon Labs wireless protocol teams and our end customers as they build amazing new IoT products.
Learn more about RAIL & our IoT portfolio here:
- Participate in the design, development and testing of our software platform as a member of the core radio software team.
- Design and maintain the common radio abstraction layer for all Silicon Labs low power wireless micros.
- Design, implement, and maintain radio physical and MAC layer code, system startup code, peripheral drivers, security, and system test and verification programs.
- Tune code for optimal resource utilization, reliability, performance and energy efficiency.
- Specify and customize 3rd party tools such as compilers, IDE’s & debuggers for use with our products.
- Work with circuit and chip design teams to specify and verify new designs.
- Mentor junior engineers on the team.
- BS/MS in EE/ECE/CS or similar.
- 6+ years of experience in embedded software development.
- Excellent C Language skills.
- Solid Python Language skills.
- Experience developing software for highly resource-constrained, real time, embedded environments.
- Experience driving work through the full software development lifecycle including requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, and release.
- Proven track record of effective communication with project stakeholders.
- A desire to follow and advocate for exceptional software engineering processes.
- Experience with Assembly Language for at least one microcontroller such as ARM, AVR, MSP430, 8051 or HC08.
- Experience specifying hardware requirements and providing feedback on hardware designs.
- Experience developing and debugging wireless communication protocols.
- Experience with hardware description languages.
- Experience with Test Driven Design (TDD).
Benefits & Perks at Silicon Labs
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Great medical (Choice of PPO or Consumer Driven Health Plan with HSA), dental & vision plans
- Highly competitive salary
- 401k plan with match and Roth plan option
- Equity rewards (RSUs) & Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Life/AD&D and disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Adoption assistance Back-Up childcare
- Additional benefit options (Commuter benefits, Legal benefits, Pet insurance)
- 3 paid volunteer days per year
- Charitable contribution match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free downtown parking
- Onsite gym
- Monthly wellness offerings
- Free snacks
- Monthly company updates with our CEO
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Sound Exciting? Come join us! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6bYb7rVdMg