Content Strategist- Contractor
Shutterfly, an established and growing e-commerce provider of high-quality photo books, gifts, and cards and stationery, is seeking a content strategist to assist with multiple critical projects for the company’s rapidly growing organic search marketing team. The content strategy team is looking for an energetic, self-motivated technical-creative hybrid to assist with the creation and strategy of high performing articles on Ideas & Inspiration by Shutterfly.
The role is a combination of content writing, data & technical analysis to drive traffic, and working to increase brand awareness, trust, expertise & authority with potential customers. This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact on traffic and revenue for Shutterfly, whose mission is to make the world a better place by sharing life’s joy.
The ideal candidate will be experienced with solid technical affinity, proven ability to write persuasively, and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment as well as cross-functional teams and external organizations. Self-motivated, personable and comfortable with outreach and relationship building. In addition, a passion or genuine curiosity for the practice of search engine optimization is desired.
- The creation of new long form articles that can increase organic traffic & engagement to Shutterfly.com/Ideas/
- Reviewing & editing existing articles to increase organic traffic
- Assistance with intermediate search engine optimization (SEO) requests across Ideas & Inspiration by Shutterfly
- Cross department communication which includes (but is not limited to) cross department editorial calendar updates & working with other teams to review and serve content needs.
- Reporting content performance on a weekly basis.
- Content Ideation – creating new & interesting ideas that will resonate with our audience.
- Content Strategy recommendations based on SEO impact, which includes testing new forms of content.
- Work with micro-influencers to support content efforts.
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience – emphasis in Marketing, English, Journalism or Creative Writing
- Skilled & editor writer that can adjust tone & voice based on audience
- Experience in creating content on a blog or website
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume & how to create it
- Expert understanding of WordPress
- Experience with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Experience with G Suite – Docs & Drive
- SEO knowledge is required
- Strong interpersonal skills, curiosity, positive attitude, drive and collaborative spirit
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Basic HTML, CSS & PHP is a plus
A writing portfolio is required.
For more information about our content – Visit: Shutterfly.com/ideas/