Senior Software Engineer - Future Products | 23383
Senior Software Engineer - Future Products
This position reports to: Senior Engineering Manager, Future Products
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
ServiceNow is “Work at Lightspeed” where success is driven by not only aptitude but also attitude. This role resides in ServiceNow’s Future Products Team and is extraordinarily collaborative; working across the Product Organization, Design, Strategy, and the ServiceNow “Go To Market” teams. The candidate must have relentless curiosity, a passion for identifying new opportunities, defining requirements which solve customer problems and a get-it-done attitude.
The Senior Software Engineer will be part of ServiceNow’s internal “incubator” team, responsible for vetting opportunities and defining the experience for future product offerings in early stages of conception. This person will collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, Developers, and other ServiceNow Business Units to prototype, test, and validate new concepts before transitioning work to teams for final implementation.
This role requires a mix of Strategic insight, Development, and Product Management skills (i.e. starting from scratch, understanding the market trends, the competition landscape, the customer needs, and the technologies which support those customer needs).
What you get to do in this role:
- Evaluate new product ideas, innovate, build prototypes, test for early validation, assist with early implementation
- Explore product concepts to find promising directions that address both human and business needs
- Iterate on complex interactions, animations and visual designs
- “Kickstart” ideas and stage them to transition to teams who will take them through development and deployment
- Provide support during the transition as teams staff, train, and execute on future products
- Collaborate with other UX designers, Product Management and research teams
- Support multiple projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines
- Conduct demonstrations of the product, both standard and tailored to prospects and existing customers
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience with a bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Working experience developing large-scale enterprise applications using React/Angular or web components
- Experience with accessibility standards
- Body of design work demonstrating strong design process, and interaction and visual design skills
- Experience in UI development on a Web platform
- Deep knowledge and previous usage of front-end test frameworks
- Experienced with Agile development (scrum)
- Great understanding of REST or GraphQLAPIs and asynchronous programming
- Experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) platforms preferred
- Experience with source control solutions such as Git
- Attitude: Be self-motived. Be polite. Be respectful. Be humble. Get work done!
- Ideally, you’re able to code without using any framework but you’re familiar with the latest technologies. You have extensive experience in solving difficult problems on the operational side of coding.
Further we offer a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
Want to make a difference in the way the largest enterprises in the world work? Then ServiceNow is the place for you!
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.