VP, Government Affairs | 23083
Role: Vice President, Government Affairs
Location(s): Washington, D. C. or Santa Clara
This position reports to: General Counsel
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are looking for a creative and engaging government relations professional to join our team. Reporting directly to the General Counsel, the VP Government Relations will be responsible for leading the company’s government affairs, public policy, and advocacy agenda.
The focus of this position is to design and implement a government relations strategy that promotes company objectives through compelling public policy and advocacy in government and public arenas at the Federal and State level. This role is global and strategic. This will include identifying and influencing policies and appropriations that impact ServiceNow existing and emerging products, sales, IT implementation, and ServiceNow’s overall reputation with U.S. state and local and federal governments.
What you get to do in this role:
- Partner with senior executives, and departments throughout the company, including Legal, Communications, Sales and Marketing, to execute government relations strategy at the state and federal levels.
- Build relationships with legislators and other officials around the country and abroad, in order to make ServiceNow’s presence felt in state capitals, and guide efforts to mobilize multiple constituencies to support our political agenda.
- Expand ServiceNow’s new and existing business opportunities, thought leadership, and influence in policy matters at the state and local level.
- Oversees analysis of key regulatory issues impacting the organization and focus on those issues that advance the organization’s competitive business interests.
- Provide advice and counsel to all levels of management on decisions that impact strategies and policies of the organization that may be impacted by legislative and regulatory trends.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Manage all federal and state government affairs activities including coordinating and monitoring legislative initiatives as prioritized by business needs and attending all association meetings as appropriate.
- Engage with policymakers, industry players, and key opinion formers. Work closely with the Chief Executive Officer and senior management on strategic engagement before federal and state legislative and regulatory bodies, and other related constituencies.
- Educate policy makers about ServiceNow and work with consultants to best position ServiceNow in the marketplace. Build and maintain relationships with government leaders and influencers within target markets.
- Track, analyze and report out on bills and legislative trends that impact ServiceNow’s existing and emerging businesses.
- Collaborate with policy development leads to craft policy solutions that serve our needs while meeting political realities.
- Produce targeted supporting materials such as correspondence, briefing notes, submissions and presentations in support of issues, proposed legislation, projects or to enhance ServiceNow’s reputation.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 15+ years of experience working on technology policy issues within corporations, government, think tanks, public interest groups or relevant industry associations.
- Prior experience working in a government affairs function within an enterprise software, publicly traded company, as well as setting strategy and policy.
- A deep understanding of government relations, including effective lobbying strategies, grassroots organizing, and the mechanics of policymaking.
- Government and in-house experience.
- BS or BA from an accredited university; Masters or JD preferred.
- Willingness to travel frequently, including to the East Coast.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.