Staff/Sr. Staff Software Engineer – Time Series Database | 23284
Staff/Sr. Staff Software Engineer – Time Series Database
San Diego CA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
If you thought you knew about ServiceNow and what we do, take a look again!
Our products lines are diverse and robust. The Enterprise Cloud is dynamic, scalable to billions of transactions weekly, and global in scope and size.
Come join the Cloud Platform Development team and make your mark on the cloud platform for enterprise applications!
What you get to do in this role:
As a Senior/Staff Software Engineer you will have the opportunity to become a key member of the Cloud Platform Development group building our Time Series capability. New team members will be mentored in the necessary skills to become successful contributors and leaders to the team.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Experience working at a software company 10+ years and/or 15+ Experience working as a software developer
- Expert level understanding of best practices for object-oriented and modularized software. Particular emphasis on Java
- Expert level understanding of web technologies: HTTP and backend programming of web applications
- Repeated demonstrated success completing complex projects, on time
- Aptitude for learning new technologies quickly
- Experience developing web applications at scale
- Experience with troubleshooting difficult production issues e.g. memory leaks, network problems, intermittent failures etc. across the stack
- Relational Database Experience: Developing on, troubleshooting and optimizing performance
- Experience developing a platform
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
- Experience working in a customer focused environment
- Loves database technologies
- NoSQL architecture expertise
- Extremely strong Java language skills
- Math/Analytics knowledge
- Very comfortable with scale, concurrency, memory management, etc.
- Ideally familiar with Tomcat or other J2EE/servlet environments
- Experience working in a high functioning team
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
Position Located in San Diego, California
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.