Director, UX Design | 30013
Job Title: Director, UX Design
Location: Santa Clara, CA
The IT Organization at ServiceNow is growing rapidly and we are looking for someone to lead A-player team of designers focused on creating employee experience with the passion to solve complex business problems through design thinking, and who consistently strives for continuous betterment of their work. As a designer, visionary and systems-level design thinker, you will provide leadership to team of designers and direction for a portfolio of internal developed products.
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are always looking for passionate individuals to drive user research, prototyping, or experience design activities for a portfolio of IT solutions. You will be part of the growing world-class IT Organization. We create new and compelling experiences for ServiceNow – enabling people around the world to get more done, faster than ever before!
What you get to do in this role:
The Director of UX, reporting to the Head of Digital Employee Experience, will be responsible for:
- Change the way people work through design thinking and develop experiences using AI, Machine Learning and Mobile technology
- Work closely with Product and Engineering from strategic definition, planning, architecture, through tactical execution of the IT Roadmaps
- Interface with company executives to represent design's position in context of internally developed products or 3rd-party applications that our employees uses to get help, get informed, or get their work done.
- Work with your peers to ensure a unified and cohesive experience across the ServiceNow IT ecosystem
- Directing day-to-day activated of the UX group and directly managing the UX staff.
- Mentoring UX team
- Establishing UX processes and standardizing toolsets
- Leading, hands-on, in the capacity of a top tier UX designer
- Leading, as a thought leader, in the role of a design driven creator of solutions through the software lifecycle.
- Functioning as a liaison between the IT UX team and product UX teams across the ServiceNow organization.
- Working closely with the UI team to create a unified and cohesive set of user and visual experiences.
- Directly lead and manage 8-10 designers and/or managers
- Lead user needs assessment, task analysis and develop user profiles; identify key tasks for user research, competitive analysis and user testing, develop usability plans
- Develop high level task flow content and then use storyboards and other design documents to communicate concepts and vision to others
- Rapidly iterate theoretical task scenarios, navigation map, flow, and state-transition diagrams to document design decisions
- Oversee your team's work: detailed mockups and prototypes and behavior specifications.
- Oversee UI layouts including controls, labels and graphical elements for software on both mobile and desktop platforms with an eye towards experience unification
- Participate in documentation development process such as user experience specifications, testing and evaluation
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Enterprise product design experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) in visual design, interaction design, human interaction sociology, psychology, or related disciplines.
- An inspiring portfolio representing the process you follow to build insanely great experiences
- Demonstrated experience in defining and/or working with robust design systems
- Demonstration of any accessible projects you have built
- Comfortable communicating (and collaborating) with designers, engineers, customers, and executive leadership
- Demonstrable experience inventing and innovating
- An insatiable thirst for growing and learning - approaching new failures as opportunities to learn on the way to building the next big thing
- An infectious positivity and can-do approach to tricky problem solving
- At least 12 years of visual and interaction design, with 5 years of Experience Design or equivalent.
- At least 5+ years of experience managing design teams
- Expert with Sketch, Photoshop, or other design tools
- Ability to do rapid prototyping in Axure, Keynote, Framer, Principle or similar tools
- Ability to understand and distill complex problems into clean solutions.
- Must have strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Must have excellent teamwork, communication, and technical problem-solving skills to contribute within a multi-functional and multi-disciplined team
- Obsessed with the relentless pursuit of UX perfection working inside an iterative and agile development environment
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision in a fluid, fast-paced and truly agile environment
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and an exciting, start-up atmosphere. We are a collaborative and merit driven team, where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers while working with advanced technology and a talented development team, come join us!
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.