Senior Software Engineer | 21321
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, India
This position reports to: Manager, Development
ServiceNow is leading the enterprise cloud space. Our SaaS solutions generate revenue of ~$2B annually, and we are still growing over 30% YOY. We are looking for strong developers to help us build out an early stage, fast growing, enterprise grade product.
ServiceNow provides a cloud platform to build and host Service Management Applications enabled with service task flows, ground up cloud services equipped with cutting edge technology like Machine Learning, Agent Intelligence, chatbot, service catalog, work flow, Real-time tracking of services. Examples of Service Management Applications include management of help desk tickets for password reset, laptop repair, employee on-boarding, customer support tickets or any other requests and tasks that employee wants to get done.
If you have a strong passion for programming, design, writing algorithms, interest in technology trends, trying out new technology, implementing object oriented programming concepts, and if you are a self-starter, go-getter, if you love to develop products with patentable ideas and have a DNA of being hands-on, technical research oriented developer, then you are looking at the right opportunity.
What you get to do in this role:
- Developing high quality applications leveraging the industry leading ServiceNow platform
- Working a Scrum-based Agile development process that is light on documentation and meetings and heavy on coding
- Designing and implement software that is simple, intuitive and easy to use that will allow customers to extend and customize the functionality to meet their specific business needs
- Playa key role in the design and implementation of new products and features while also enhancing the existing product suite
- Translate requirements and mock-ups into fully functional features by working closely with business and product owners, and creative designers
- Collaborate with product managers and user experience designers to deliver delightful experiences
- Build rich, modern web and mobile web experiences that are accessible, progressive and responsive
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Over 4 years of experience designing and building scalable reusable products/components
- Passion for software development, debugging and problem-solving. We are seeking engineers who want to work across technologies and development environments/languages
- Strong problem-solving, debugging skills and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Solid understanding of data modeling and databases (MySQL preferred)
- Deep understanding of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design, design patterns, and performance/scale considerations
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Must be comfortable with juggling multiple priorities with the ability to manage time effectively
- Lead and mentor less experienced developers
- Bachelor’s/master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
It would be even better if you have:
- Experience with creating enterprise software in the one of the application domains in which ServiceNow competes
- Experience developing on the ServiceNow platform and API’s
- Ability to create high performance, scalable systems
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.