Payroll/Equity Plan Manager
Payroll/Equity Plan Manager
Rexford Industrial Realty, Inc. (NYSE: REXR) is a leading, publicly traded industrial real estate investment and management company operating over 22 million square feet of industrial properties throughout Southern California.
The Payroll/Equity Plan Manager will join our Accounting Team and perform day-to-day activities for payroll; and over a period of time, exact timing to be determined, manage the company’s equity compensation plan. The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service and communication skills, a high level of accuracy, ability to focus on detail, strong technical skills, and takes pride in producing high quality work. This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative fast-growing, dynamic REIT.
If the thrills of early-stage companies excite you and you're up for the challenge, you'd be truly hard-pressed to come by a better opportunity. Never has the mission and vision of Rexford Industrial been more exciting. Help us transform Southern California Industrial Real Estate landscape!
- Maintain payroll information: systems, collection, calculation, and entering of data.
- Update payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, job titles, and department/ division transfers.
- Pay employees by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts.
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determine payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Balance the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Provide payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintain payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Manage the day to day operations of the company's equity compensation program.
- Support & educate employees and business partners with equity compensation related questions and requests.
- Support other day to day activities related to equity compensation plan administration as needed.
- Produce ad hoc analyses with quick turnarounds based on business requests.
- Demonstrate agility and the ability to change directions quickly depending on the needs of the business.
- Maintain E*TRADE database and ensure accuracy at all times.
- Prepare and process stock grants, cancellations, and exercises and releases on a timely basis for all employees and other equity holders.
- Prepare and distribute grants electronically.
- Prepare monthly equity reconciliations for Accounting.
- Provide NQ, ISO, RSU tax reports to Payroll.
- Maintain trading blackout periods, pre-clearance and enforcement of insider trading policy restrictions.
- Interact with transfer agent to ensure that trades are settled timely and initiate and reconcile DWAC transactions for Section 16 executives with 10b5-1 trading plans.
- Act as main point of contact for employee questions on equity.
- Ensure that internal controls and procedures are followed to satisfy periodic review of compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Play at all levels – We’re a dynamic team!
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or similar preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in payroll (and stock compensation administration preferred)
- Advanced working knowledge using Excel
- Ability to function in a highly confidential environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively analyze large amounts of data and present key findings to leadership
- Must demonstrate attention to detail, analytical abilities and consistent follow-through, including project management skills
- Proven ability to partner with cross-functional teams, including legal, HR, accounting & finance.
- Able to work independently and effectively with a range of individuals.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and work under tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to details required
- Strong organization skills, good work ethic
- Experience with stock options and RSUs, using E-Trade or other similar online platforms preferred.
- Must have public company experience
- General understanding of ASC 718 accounting principles as it relates to equity compensation
- CEP candidate a plus.
If this sounds like you, come join us!
Rexford Industrial’s reward plan includes; highly competitive base salaries, bonus eligibility and long- term incentives for many positions, comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance; 401k with match, vacation, additional PTO and paid holidays, as well as regular company events, food, snacks, coffee, ping pong table, massage chairs, TVs and beautiful offices with 360 degree views of the ocean, mountains and city.
ADA Requirements: The physical demands, work environment factors, and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to feel, handle, or type; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move or carry up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. Additionally, employee may be required to drive to a property, walk on uneven ground, walk through a construction site, be exposed to dust or fumes and work around machinery or equipment.