Assistant Property Manager-South Bay
Rexford Industrial Realty, Inc. (NYSE: REXR) is a leading, publicly traded industrial real estate investment and management company operating over 30 million square feet of industrial properties throughout Southern California. Never has the mission and vision of Rexford Industrial been more exciting. Help us transform the Southern California Industrial Real Estate landscape!
We are experiencing rapid growth and currently have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Portfolio Manager to join our team in the corporate office.
In this position, the Assistant Portfolio Manager will be providing support to the Property Management Department and Portfolio Managers in the management of an assigned portfolio of industrial properties
Assistant Portfolio Manager responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Processing daily invoices, tenant bill-backs and preparation of check requests.
- Reviewing and ensuring the accuracy of accounts payables.
- Pre-posting of monthly rent roll and distribution of monthly rent statements.
- Reviewing and processing late fee reports.
- Providing follow-up with tenants on delinquencies and updating accounts receivable notes and watch list.
- Preparing tenant notifications for property activities and lease compliance.
- Monitor and maintain properties in work order system for service calls and ensuring timely completion.
- Preparing all required legal notices, including 3-day notices and notice of abandonment.
- Assisting the Property Manager with vendor bidding, monitoring vendor POs and service contracts, implementing the approved operating and capital budgets, resolving property management issues, preparing and distributing monthly reports and assisting with property management, accounting, marketing and construction needs.
- Assisting in the transition process of new acquisitions and dispositions.
- Processing TI reimbursement requests.
- Interfacing with tenants and vendors on repair and maintenance issues.
- Assisting Tenants with online Tenant portal for rent payments and work order requests.
- Preparing job costs and work orders and obtaining proper approvals.
- Completing incident reports.
- Maintaining fire life safety tracking and HVAC inventory spreadsheets.
- Assisting with property inspections.
- Assisting with tenant move ins and move outs.
- Preparing security deposit reconciliations and bad debt forms.
- Assisting with annual budgets, accrual reports and CAM reconciliations.
- Collecting, reviewing and updating tenant and vendor insurance certificates.
- Assisting in the planning of tenant appreciation events.
- Assisting the Property Manager with Tenant and Suite build outs as well as capital upgrades.
- Preparing and filing Notices of Non-Responsibility.
Assistant Portfolio Manager Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 1-3 years of commercial property management experience
- Proven track record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Basic understanding of Budgeting and CAM Reconciliation processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and Yardi
Rexford Industrial’s reward plan includes; highly competitive base salaries, bonus eligibility and long- term incentives for many positions, comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance; 401k with match, vacation, additional PTO and paid holidays, as well as regular company events, food, snacks, coffee, ping pong table, massage chairs, TVs and beautiful offices with 360 degree views of the ocean, mountains and city.
We celebrate diversity and are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the bases of race, religion, color, national origin, gender Identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.