Senior Construction Manager-Industrial
SENIOR CONSTRUCTION MANAGER (INDUSTRIAL) – LOS ANGELES
Rexford Industrial Realty, Inc. (NYSE: REXR) is a leading, publicly traded industrial real estate investment and management company, operating over 32 million square feet of industrial properties throughout Southern California. Never has the mission and vision of Rexford Industrial been more exciting. Strategically located in Southern California, the largest industrial market in the U.S., our strategy targets investment in well-located, infill industrial buildings with value-add opportunities to renovate and enhance functionality and efficiency.
We are currently seeking a Senior Construction Manager to join our expanding internal Construction Project Management team in our Los Angeles office. This position supports the vertically integrated team of construction managers, designers, property managers, leasing managers and acquisitions.
The primary role of the Senior Construction Manager is to manage the construction projects on a number of our assets (normally focused on 1 or 2 geographical locations). Projects range from $500,000 to over $30M and consist of small renovations, extensive repositioning as well as ground up developments.
This role plays a vital part in continuing our track record of completing projects on time, within budget, and with a maintained focus on customer satisfaction.
- Experience with construction management processes, means, and methods, specific to the industrial sector in Southern California
- Must be able to manage overall project / construction management services while collaborating with internal (leasing, property management, acquisitions, finance) and external (tenants) clients
- Ideal candidates will understand project delivery, time management, and how to deal with unanticipated events and unforeseen conditions
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally both verbally and in writing to our clients (other Rexford disciplines), consultants, vendors, and peers
- Demonstrated experience in leading project teams to ensure timely accomplishment of project objectives is necessary (this role will be supported by an assistant project manager)
- Proven ability to manage architects, engineers, contractors, and other vendors throughout all project phases
- Responsible for submitting for building permits, follow up with any issues related to this
- Plan revision submissions to municipality
- Prepare contracts and MSA’s for all disciplines (typically architects, engineers, general contractors)
- Interface and coordinate with asset and property managers and other in-house personnel to facilitate the construction management process
- Interface with corporate accounting/finance to assist in accurate internal accounting and corporate budgeting and forecasting, as well as yield analysis
- Interface with the leasing team to ensure timely completion of TI/CAPEX projects with no impact to tenants (move-ins)
- Related degree (Construction, Architecture, Engineering etc.)
- Ideal candidates should possess a minimum of 10 years of construction and / or developer experience with industrial construction projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be a results-oriented team player with exceptional time-management, organizational skill, and ability to work under their own initiative
- Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments (typically managing a portfolio of approx. 8-12 assets)
- Expertise BlueBeam, Excel, Yardi, Smartsheets would be preferred.
Rexford Industrial’s reward plan includes; highly competitive base salaries, bonus eligibility and long- term incentives for many positions, comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance; 401k with match, vacation, additional PTO and paid holidays, as well as regular company events, food, snacks, coffee, ping pong table, massage chairs, TVs and beautiful offices with 360 degree views of the ocean, mountains and city.
We celebrate diversity and are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the bases of race, religion, color, national origin, gender Identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.