Rexford has a diverse Southern California industrial portfolio encompassing 31.6 million SF of
properties. Rexford has been the most active industrial buyer in the Southern California marketplace, acquiring over $4.4 billion dollars and over 27.9 million square feet of buildings since becoming a publicly traded company in July 2013. Never has the mission and vision of Rexford Industrial been more exciting. Help us transform the Southern California Industrial Real Estate landscape!
We are experiencing rapid growth and currently have an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Underwriter to join our Investments team in the corporate office.
In this position you will be providing transaction support to the most active Industrially focused investment team in Southern California.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analyze Southern California industrial real estate opportunities through ARGUS and Excel financial modeling
- Develop pro-forma cash flow projections and discounted cash flow models (IRR, NPV, yield on cost)
- Research and analyze market fundamentals including rent comparables, sales comparables, vacancy statistics and replacement costs
- Manage underwriting workflow from initial underwriting through letter of intent, contract negotiations, due diligence and closing
- Prepare detailed Investment Committee documents for internal approvals as well as detailed documents required for Closing/transitioning to property management
- Interface with all departments, including property management, leasing, construction and accounting
- Conduct comprehensive physical and financial due diligence
- Transition property to property management
- Help drive additional deal flow through efficient execution of deals and entrepreneurial initiative
- Oversee, monitor, train and assist junior underwriters to ensure the highest quality and efficient execution of transactions
ADA Requirements: The physical demands, work environment factors, and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to feel, handle, or type; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move or carry up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. Additionally, employee may be required to drive to a property, walk on uneven ground, walk through a construction site, be exposed to dust or fumes and work around machinery or equipment.
Rexford Industrial’s reward plan includes highly competitive base salaries, bonus eligibility and long- term incentives for many positions, comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance; 401k with match, vacation, additional PTO and paid holidays, as well as regular company events, food, snacks, coffee, ping pong table, massage chairs, TVs and beautiful offices with 360-degree views of the ocean, mountains and city.
We celebrate diversity and are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the bases of race, religion, color, national origin, gender Identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.