Project Coordinator | Construction | OC/LA
Project Coordinator (Construction)
Rexford Industrial Realty, Inc. (NYSE: REXR) is a leading, publicly traded industrial real estate investment and management company operating over 33 million square feet of industrial properties throughout Southern California. Never has the mission and vision of Rexford Industrial been more exciting.
We are looking for an excellent Construction Project Coordinator who will be an integral member of the Construction team responsible for handling multiple industrial construction projects of varying size and complexity. The position is responsible for the payment processing and contract administration of construction projects as well as direct support of Assistant Project Managers and Construction Managers. Responsibilities also include researching and implementing new technologies and procedures to make project management and reporting processes more efficient and accurate. This position reports directly to the SVP, Development & Construction.
Responsibilities for Project Coordinator include but, are not limited to.
- Upload all contract and change order data for each project into the construction accounting system (Yardi / PayScan)
- Input construction project invoices into Yardi
- Assemble, maintain, and distribute Case Studies on all completed projects
- Work closely with Design Team and enter lease expirations into Wrike
- Update and maintain the DCM manual
- Responsible for coding and submitting to Finance all P-card charges for DCM Team
- Assist in managing vendor invoice compliance to ensure proper backup, lien waivers, insurance and any other required supporting documents are included and correct
- Produce weekly and as-needed reports that track vendor invoice status, contract commitment, budget and payment status
- Process Construction Department expense reports and reimbursements
- Provide administrative support to EVP, SVP, Operations Manager, Construction Managers and Assistant Project Managers as needed
Qualifications & Skills
- 2+ years of experience in construction as a Project Coordinator (ideally within the industrial development sector)
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Construction accounting experience and proficiency in Yardi (Construction Manager – Elevate) accounting software a plus
- Experience with Project Controls software systems like Smartsheets, Project or similar a plus
- Strong ability to learn, implement and improve new software solutions
- Desire to work and be successful in an intense collaborative role
- Strong attention to detail and processes
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work well under time and other constraints
- Strong written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills
- COVID-19 Vaccination Required
Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
Rexford Industrial’s reward plan includes; highly competitive base salaries, bonus eligibility and long- term incentives for many positions, comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance; 401k with match, vacation, additional PTO and paid holidays, as well as regular company events, food, snacks, coffee, ping pong table, massage chairs, TVs and beautiful offices with 360 degree views of the ocean, mountains and city.
ADA Requirements: The physical demands, work environment factors, and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to feel, handle, or type; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move or carry up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. Additionally, employee may be required to drive to a property, walk on uneven ground, walk through a construction site, be exposed to dust or fumes and work around machinery or equipment.