Assistant Project Manager-Industrial construction
Assistant Project Manager-Industrial construction
Rexford Industrial Realty, Inc. (NYSE: REXR), is a leading, publicly traded industrial real estate investment and management company, operating over 31 million square feet of industrial properties throughout Southern California with an enterprise value in excess of $4BN.
We are looking for an excellent Assistant Project Manager who will be an integral member of the construction team responsible for handling multiple industrial building projects of varying size and complexity. The position is responsible for the administrative organization of construction projects as well as oversight of project schedules, budgets and tasks. The role is closely integrated with the Project / Construction Managers (CM’s) assigned to each project, and as such is highly collaborative and educational. Responsibilities also include creating procedures and utilizing software to make the project set-up, tracking, execution and reporting processes more efficient and accurate.
If the thrills of a rapidly-growing position in the field excites you and you're up for the challenge, you would be hard-pressed to come by a better opportunity! The mission and vision of Rexford Industrial has never been more exciting for the company and for the people that help make it happen. This is an unique opportunity to perform an integral role within a well-established and innovative business.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Set up and maintain electronic file database for each project.
- Assist Project / Construction Managers (CM) in preparing and updating comprehensive budgets and schedules through the duration of each project.
- Assist the CM’s in the review of Contractor quotations to ensure that only fair and reasonable pricing is recommended for approval.
- Assist CM’s in the preparation and issuance of contracts and Work Orders for consultants, contractors and vendors.
- Ensure new contracts are fully executed, properly entered into the project database and coordinated with the accounting team.
- Track and manage contemplated budget variances, Change Orders and reallocations for each project.
- Attend weekly and monthly project update meetings and take the lead in preparation of standard tracking documents for review.
- Ensure CO’s are properly executed, the project database is updated accordingly, and all updates are coordinated with the accounting team.
- Manage and review contractor and consultant Pay Applications regarding accuracy of work reported as complete.
- Ensure Contractors are complying with their contractual insurance requirements and maintain the files.
- Review substantial completion certificates and ensure all required project close out documents are obtained on time.
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the CM, Property Manager (PM) and Accounting Dept.
- Review invoices with CM’s and monitor compliance to contract requirements ensuring all conditions are satisfied before invoices are approved for payment.
- Ensure all project-related invoices including requests for payments, purchase orders, invoices from vendors and similar documents are being processed by the accounting team.
- Collect lien releases from Contractors and suppliers; track preliminary notices and conditional/unconditional lien release waivers.
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude, and for developing this attitude in others.
- Experience with Industrial, Warehouse building and Office interior construction Preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in construction administration
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Project and Outlook, and proficient in learning and mastering new software applications (i.e. Smartsheets)
- Construction accounting experience and proficiency in Yardi accounting software a plus
- Strong ability to learn, implement and improve new software solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing using email, voice and project management software; provide clear, concise direction and rapidly respond to inquiries.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize critical tasks; work efficiently
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Ability to problem-solve and learn new technologies, and work processes
- Working knowledge of construction contract terms, ability to negotiate favorable deal terms
- Strong attention to detail and processes
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work will under time and other constraints
- Strong written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills
Rexford Industrial’s reward plan includes; a highly competitive base salary, bonus and long- term incentives, comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance; 401k with match, vacation, additional PTO and paid holidays, as well as regular company events, food, snacks, coffee, ping pong, massage chairs, TVs and beautiful offices with 360-degree views of the ocean, mountains and city.
ADA Requirements: The physical demands, work environment factors, and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to feel, handle, or type; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move or carry up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. Additionally, employee may be required to drive to a property, walk on uneven ground, walk through a construction site, be exposed to dust or fumes and work around machinery or equipment.