Senior Accounting Manager
Rexford Industrial Realty, Inc. (NYSE: REXR) is a leading, publicly traded industrial real estate investment and management company operating over 33 million square feet of industrial properties throughout Southern California. Never has the mission and vision of Rexford Industrial been more exciting. Help us transform the Southern California Industrial Real Estate landscape!
We are looking for an experienced real estate accounting professional to join our collaborative finance and accounting team. In this position, you will be working closely with the Operations controller to oversee the day-to-day activities of the Property Accounting team, review monthly quarterly results of operations, including review and preparation financial statements and REIT tax compliance, provide financial, accounting and analytical support for various departments, including our Construction and Development and Property Management teams.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with oversight of the financial reporting and general ledger functions, including period-end accounting close process and generation of financial statements
- Proactively manage a team of 5-10 professionals and motivated accountants. Provide oversight and accountability for activities performed Accounting group relating to the assigned portfolio of properties. Direct the day-to-day activities of the Property Accounting team, providing guidance and subject matter expertise as needed to ensure effective and efficient functioning of the department
- Assist with the process related new acquisitions and dispositions, including transaction accounting and interfacing with escrow, legal and other third-party providers.
- Assist with annual and quarterly GAAP financial audit/review process, ensuring timely completion of the financials, preparation of the consolidated audit reports and working with the audit team to resolve issues
- Assist in managing the timeliness of Financial Statements, Bank Reconciliations, and all other monthly reporting/closing procedures.
- Assists with annual budget preparations.
- Assist with REIT compliance monitoring and reporting (Asset and Income Tests and Property Questionnaires)
- Assist the Controller with technical accounting research and document new policies as needed. Create strong relationships with the external auditors and remain current with new accounting technical standards impacting financial reporting.
- Review monthly and quarterly results of operations and provide detailed explanations of variances
- Ensure timely and accurate financial information to ensure effective control of projects and sound financial decisions
- Maintain fixed addition and dispositions schedule
- Support the preparation of the annual business plan by FP&A group to achieve Company’s goals
- Prepare consolidated quarterly variances and assist with preparation Ad hoc reports by Controller
- Work closely with the Property Management team Accounts Receivable to ensure proper accounting for bad debts, bill backs, short pays, etc.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is strongly preferred
- CPA and Property Accounting experience is preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in Real Estate Accounting, preferable commercial/industrial/retail accounting.
- Extensive Yardi experience and advanced excel skills are required.
- Experience managing a team at least ten or more.
- Strong communication (verbal and written), decision-making, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Proficient Office applications: Excel, Word. Advanced skills in Excel highly desirable.
- Prior public accounting and/or public company accounting and/or REIT accounting experience preferred
- The individual should be able to demonstrate proven success as a strong leader and possess excellent management and leadership skills with the ability to provide clear direction to the department while also functioning as an individual contributor
Skills and Characteristics:
- Strong written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Ability to adapt fast pace environment
- An analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to summarize complex issues and opportunities into succinct and actionable deliverables.
- Hard working, motivated individual with ability to organize and balance a multi-faceted workload in an efficient manner.
- Advanced knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and related concepts
- Intermediate quantitative and analytical skills including knowledge of financial models and formulas typically used in real estate industry
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with personnel at all levels.
- Flexible, creative, well organized.
- Keen eye for detail
- Commitment to the companies’ goals and philosophy.
Rexford Industrial’s reward plan includes highly competitive base salaries, bonus eligibility and long- term incentives for many positions, comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance; 401k with match, vacation, additional PTO and paid holidays, as well as regular company events, food, snacks, coffee, ping pong table, massage chairs, TVs and beautiful offices with 360-degree views of the ocean, mountains and city.
We celebrate diversity and are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the bases of race, religion, color, national origin, gender Identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.