Rexford Industrial Realty, Inc. (NYSE: REXR) is a leading, publicly traded industrial real estate investment and management company operating over 31 million square feet of industrial properties throughout Southern California. Never has the mission and vision of Rexford Industrial been more exciting. Help us transform the Southern California Industrial Real Estate landscape!
The Paralegal will perform duties essential to the legal and operational needs of our growing publicly traded real estate investment trust (NYSE: REXR), including, without limitation, preparation, negotiation and execution of mission critical leases that impact the revenue of the company; creation and management of the company’s legal entities; managing specific documentation and communications with the company’s lenders and investors; and contributing to disclosures and due diligence related to the company’s access to stock offerings and debt markets.
- Support the Legal Department in drafting a high volume of lease documents for existing tenants and proposed tenants, for properties in company’s portfolio.
- Support Corporate Counsel with editing and formatting legal documents associated with leasing and landlord/tenant issues.
- Review contracts, proposed and existing leases, lease modifications and completed leases and respond to changes as requested.
- Maintain awareness of lease terms, disclosures, property information, landlord/tenant obligations and responsibilities required in each lease.
- Preparation of entity formation documents for the company’s various legal entities and ongoing filings to maintain the entities in good standing.
- Review and submission of various quarterly due diligence documents required in connection with public offerings and debt placements.
- Maintenance of legal tracking information for various properties, including environmental tracking and property specific disclosures to be included in leases.
- Draft and edit legal demand letters as necessary.
- Support in connection with the company’s sustainability and environmental, social and governance (ESG) goals and disclosures.
- Prepare and organize presentation materials for General Counsel and various projects as assigned.
- Manage and track Bar dues, Association of Corporate Counsel memberships and continuing legal education credits for in house attorneys.
- Research relevant legal education and training programs.
- Create labels for and coordinate overnight and courier deliveries as well as facilitate mailings with USPS, UPS and FedEx, as necessary.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or Paralegal Certification.
- 3+ years’ experience in commercial real estate leasing required.
- Experienced in contract negotiations.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- California Notary Commission a plus and will be required.
- Proven ability to multitask while managing multiple real estate and corporate files in an effective and efficient manner.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to feel, handle, or type; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move or carry up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. Additionally, employee may be required to drive to a property, walk on uneven ground, walk through a construction site, be exposed to dust or fumes and work around machinery or equipment.
Rexford Industrial’s reward plan includes highly competitive base salaries, bonus eligibility and long- term incentives for many positions, comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance; 401k with match, vacation, additional PTO and paid holidays, as well as regular company events, food, snacks, coffee, ping pong table, massage chairs, TVs and beautiful offices with 360 degree views of the ocean, mountains and city.
We celebrate diversity and are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the bases of race, religion, color, national origin, gender Identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.