Assistant Project Manager
We are looking for an Assistant Project Manager who will be an integral member of the construction team responsible for handling multiple industrial building projects of varying size and complexity. The position is responsible for the administrative organization of construction projects as well as oversight of project schedules, budgets, and tasks.
The role is closely integrated with the Construction Managers assigned to each project, and as such is highly collaborative and educational. Responsibilities also include creating procedures and utilizing software to make the project set-up, tracking, execution, and reporting processes more efficient and accurate.
- Set up and maintain electronic file database for each project.
- Assist Construction Managers (CM) in preparing and updating comprehensive budgets and schedules through the duration of each project.
- Assist the CM’s in the review of Contractor quotations to ensure that only fair and reasonable pricing is recommended for approval.
- Assist CM’s in the preparation and issuance of contracts and Work Orders for consultants, contractors and vendors.
- Ensure new contracts are fully executed, properly entered the project database and coordinated with the accounting team.
- Track and manage contemplated budget variances, Change Orders and reallocations for each project.
- Attend weekly and monthly project update meetings and take the lead in preparation of standard tracking documents for review.
- Review invoices with CM’s and monitor compliance to contract requirements ensuring all conditions are satisfied before invoices are approved for payment.
- Ensure all project-related invoices including requests for payments, purchase orders, invoices from vendors and similar documents are being processed by the accounting team.
- Collect lien releases from Contractors and suppliers; track preliminary notices and conditional/unconditional lien release waivers.
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude, and for developing this attitude in others.
- Experience with Industrial, Warehouse building and Office interior construction Preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in construction administration
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Project and Outlook, and proficient in learning and mastering new software applications.
- Construction accounting experience and proficiency in Yardi accounting software a plus
- Experience with Project Controls software systems like Procore, Prolog, Construct Ware or
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work will under time and other constraints
- Strong written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills
Rexford Industrial’s reward plan includes; a highly competitive base salary, bonus and long- term incentives, comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance; 401k with match, vacation, additional PTO and paid holidays, as well as regular company events, food, snacks, coffee, ping pong, massage chairs, TVs and beautiful offices with 360 degree views of the ocean, mountains and city.
We celebrate diversity and are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the bases of race, religion, color, national origin, gender Identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.