Rexford Industrial Realty, Inc. (NYSE: REXR) is a leading, publicly traded industrial real estate investment and management company operating over 18 million square feet of industrial properties throughout Southern California.
We currently seek an experienced Investor Relations candidate to join our rapidly growing company. The primary Investor Relations role is to develop, implement and manage the investor relations program and related financial or operational analysis for the company. This is an entrepreneurial position working directly with the company’s C-level executives where being self-driven, thoughtful and analytical represent critical elements of success. Additionally, this opportunity represents a unique opportunity to contribute towards the strategy and growth of the company.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop, implement and manage proactive investor relations programs.
- Liaise between analysts, investors and investment stakeholders.
- Develop an annual schedule of investor relations events.
- Resolve investors’ inquiries and develop corporate responses.
- Manage the company’s participation on quarterly earnings calls, investment conference calls, in-house meetings, road shows, NAREIT investor out-reach, analyst days and one-on-one meetings.
- Execute the company’s PR strategy, including the preparation and release of quarterly earnings press releases as well as the company’s periodic news releases, media placements, editorials or advertorials, media interviews, etc.
- Collaborate with the CFO and CEO to create the company’s financial communications story and the external and internal messaging, ensuring all communications are integrated and consistent. Design and prepare investor-based Q & As and earnings call scripts for investor community and in preparation for earnings calls and investor meetings..
- Assist with one-on-one meetings with investors.
- Work with finance team to conceive and craft company financial, valuation and operational analyses to derive key investor messaging, narratives and to enhance the company’s quarterly supplemental financial disclosures.
- Craft investor marketing materials and related collateral, including investor presentations, white papers, etc., and IR content on the company website (new website scheduled for near-term launch).
- Assist Rexford’s finance and operational teams with key initiatives to enhance operational excellence, transparency and the company’s ability to communicate our business performance to the investor community.
- Gather marketplace intelligence on an ongoing basis to inform, educate and coach the company’s senior leadership on near-term and long-term dynamics of the investment and trading marketplaces, providing insight on the potential impact of these market forces on the company’s business success and external or internal messaging.
- Further develop deep working relationships with Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) and greater real estate equity research analyst community.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Business.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in the commercial or industrial real estate industry
- Demonstrated natural comfort in high-visibility external role where judgment, tact, flexibility and resourcefulness are required.
- High degree of intellectual curiosity and thoughtfulness that enables understanding of critical business drivers and complexities of the REIT and real estate landscape.
- Rigorous financial and analytical skills, including financial modeling and clear ability to develop, synthesize and present perspectives on key strategic/financial issues.
- Outstanding oral and written communication and interpersonal skills with ability to credibly serve as a face of the organization; positive, self-initiative with deep financial, business and cross-functional people skills; engaging personal style with confidence and concise presentation ability; genuine active listening skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail combined with strong organizational, multi-tasking and time-management skills.
- Ability to develop credibility within the investor community and the organization's management team.
ADA Requirements: The physical demands, work environment factors, and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to feel, handle, or type; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move or carry up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. Additionally, employee may be required to drive to a property, walk on uneven ground, walk through a construction site, be exposed to dust or fumes and work around machinery or equipment.