Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis
Position: Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis
Rexford Industrial (Rexford) is a Real Estate Investment Trust that owns, operates, and improves industrial properties throughout Southern California’s dynamic infill market, which represents roughly the same economic value as the next five largest U.S. industrial markets combined. Located within the nation’s largest zone of regional consumption and population, Rexford’s portfolio is also positioned adjacent to the nation’s two largest ports.
Rexford’s business model is driven by innovation and adding value at every stage of the ownership lifecycle. Its target market is unusually fragmented, with the majority of industrial properties owned by private, non-real estate professionals or passive owners. These properties, which include over one billion square feet of property built prior to 1980, frequently suffer from a lack of modern functionality and poor energy efficiency. Understanding the market opportunity, Rexford seeks to strategically reinvent and reposition existing industrial properties, increasing their cash flow and value, while reaping substantial environmental and social benefit.
People are the heart of Rexford and the key determinants of our success. The quality of relationships defines its culture. These principals are reflected in Rexford’s seven “Core Values” that guide and shape the way they do business.
- We are entrepreneurs, leading and innovating to create value.
- Together, we are a team collectively pursuing common goals.
- We value community and the environment.
- We develop relationships by engaging productively with our partners.
- We live with integrity, always doing the right thing.
- We achieve excellence, delivering worth that exceeds expectations.
- We have fun!
We are currently seeking an exceptional finance leader in the role of Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis. Responsible for the budgeting, forecasting, reporting, and financial analysis processes for the organization. The successful candidate must be a critical thinker with the ability to assess, synthesize and communicate issues and solutions. This individual will build processes, team and finance capability to help drive company performance and results.
This role represents a substantial growth opportunity for the right candidate as Rexford continues to expand its portfolio and market position. This data-driven leader will drive financial planning, analysis, and revenue projection for the entire portfolio, working closely with and supporting business units in a financial capacity including Property Management, Investments, Construction, and Leasing teams.
- Develop and lead a robust Financial Planning & Analysis department including streamlined processes and reporting frameworks.
- Oversight over annual budgeting, monthly forecasting, and financial analysis for the company where needed.
- Develop and maintain robust monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting including executive level reports, meetings, and tools using interactive and real time data.
- Provide financial support, asset management, controls, and financial strategy for business units including Property Management, Investments, Construction, and Leasing teams.
- Develop and maintain disposition identification and prioritization process and reporting Work closely with accounting and SEC reporting teams, providing financial support and monthly/quarterly deliverables.
- Proactively anticipate, identify and resolve issues across the business.
- Drive FP&A special projects throughout the company including applicable company- wide IT and analytics initiatives including Yardi functionality and improvements.
- Provide analysis supporting external quarterly earnings reporting.
- Assist Vice President of Corporate Finance and Investor Relations with corporate model inputs and analysis.
- Oversee development reporting function acting as a liaison between Finance and Construction.
- Manage and develop a team to support FP&A objectives.
- Demonstrated top-tier institutional-quality FP&A experience in a public real estate company, buy-side firm or dedicated REIT research firm.
- Experience in strategic planning and contribution to overall corporate strategic planning including budgeting.
- Exceptional analytical and people-oriented skills.
- Superior interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, and the ability to articulate a point of view, as well as the story and “why” behind the numbers. Must be self-starter with exceptional time- and task-management skills.
- A partnering mindset with the desire to collaborate with other department leaders. 8-10+ years of progressive experience in finance and planning roles.
- Experience developing, leading and mentoring exceptional FP&A / analyst teams. Entrepreneurial drive with the ability and desire to thrive in a fast-growing, team- oriented public REIT environment.
- Disciplined and process driven with strong project management skills to ensure consistent and persistent focus on key drivers and performance metrics to deliver a superior corporate finance platform.
- Strong alignment with company culture and values
- Covid 19 Vaccination Required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration/Management or similar discipline.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred.