Rexford Industrial Realty, Inc. (NYSE: REXR) is a leading, publicly traded industrial real estate investment and management company operating over 21 million square feet of industrial properties throughout Southern California.
We are looking for a Junior Designer to join our growing company in our Los Angeles CA headquarters. The primary role of the Junior Designer is to produce project drawings from conceptual design through construction documents to lease exhibits. As a designer, you will have significant impact on the future of our product and the business.
Never has the mission and vision of Rexford Industrial been more exciting. Strategically located in Southern California, the largest industrial market in the U.S., our strategy targets investment in well-located, infill industrial buildings with value-add opportunities to renovate and enhance functionality and efficiency, in contrast with keeping these buildings operating in their existing condition or replacing them fully with new structures. Help us transform Southern California Industrial Real Estate landscape!
- Draft/produce architectural drawings and details quickly with attention to detail
- Assist with the creation of floor plans for marketing properties
- Produce presentation packages, bid documents, and lease exhibits
- Follow instructions of lead designer accurately and efficiently
- Assist in general design work
- Work closely with Construction, Property Management, Marketing and Leasing to create plans and innovative content for leasing and marketing materials and property websites.
- Ensuring that all properties are optimally marketed for lease or for sale.
- 3-5 years minimum of drafting experience in an architectural firm;
- Understanding of architectural drawing and production processes
- Must be a results-oriented team player with exceptional time-management and organizational skills; a Do’er
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills;
- Creative problem solver with strong analytical skills;
- Must possess solid visual presentation, graphic & drawing skills;
- Expertise in AutoCAD drafting, SketchUp, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign;
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and precision;
- General experience creating Construction Documents;
- Knowledge of building and zoning codes
- A passion for Rexford!
Rexford Industrial’s reward plan includes; highly competitive base salaries, bonus eligibility and long- term incentives for many positions, comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance; 401k with match, vacation, additional PTO and paid holidays, as well as regular company events, food, snacks, coffee, ping pong table, massage chairs, TVs and beautiful offices with 360 degree views of the ocean, mountains and city.
ADA Requirements: The physical demands, work environment factors, and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to feel, handle, or type; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move or carry up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. Additionally, employee may be required to drive to a property, walk on uneven ground, walk through a construction site, be exposed to dust or fumes and work around machinery or equipment.