This is an extraordinary leadership opportunity for a highly motivated candidate. Rexford is a high-growth, dynamic organization with an enterprise value in excess of $4.5BN where you will be reporting to the SVP, Development and Construction.
- Improve firm-wide design standards and ensure their company-wide implementation
- Administer, lead and motivate the design department
- Oversee design presentations
- Oversee plan production
- Monitor project design development
- Provide design direction and support to ensure consistent and high-quality design firm-wide
- Review and approve design team production drawings. Ensure drawings and specs are accurate, precise, meet design standards, and established scope of work
- Oversee the design process of large redevelopment and ground-up construction projects
- Manage distribution and production of project workload within the team
- Evaluate and motivate designers toward continued growth and leading design solutions.
- Minimum 10+ years of design experience and 7+ years of management experience.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in architecture
- Must be a licensed architect
- Must have extensive experience in industrial tilt-up construction, office TIs, and redevelopment projects
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of architecture practice with emphasis on design, building materials, construction methods, integration of engineering disciplines, building costs and building codes
- Ability to work effectively as a leader and coach within a large team
- Excellent analytical, technical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD, & Microsoft Office applications
- LEED accreditation a plus. Must have demonstrable knowledge of sustainable design practices and the requirements of Title 24/green building code (CALGreen)