Rexford Industrial Realty, Inc. (NYSE: REXR), a leading, publicly traded industrial real estate investment and management company, operating over 22 million square feet of industrial properties throughout Southern California, seeks an exceptional person to lead its design team and be the principal in charge. This is an extraordinary leadership opportunity for a highly motivated candidate. Rexford is a high-growth, dynamic organization with an enterprise value in excess of $4.5BN where you will be reporting to the SVP, Development and Construction.
The right candidate will demonstrate:
• Progressive and dynamic leadership experience, in a high growth and fast paced organization.
• A creative and innovative approach to Industrial Real Estate.
• High degree of technologically savvy and enjoy the implementation of new systems and processes.
• The highest level of integrity, accountability and professionalism.
• A strong ability to formulate, articulate and execute a vision, and manage change impeccably.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Develop and implement successful design strategies, outlining how the design team will create deliverables and implement them for the project.
• Participate in design meetings and provide continual input to optimize design.
• Manage a team of several designers, evaluating individual design deliverables and overall team performance.
• Manage distribution and production of project workload within team.
• Negotiate scope-of-work, deliverables and price with consulting firms.
• Collaborate on new design issues and research projects with team.
• Ensure projects and finished graphics are accurate and precise.
• Manage and maintain record keeping of original artwork files and all projects.
• Project prioritization of design, assignment and management to designers.
• Lead with effective supervision an experienced design team toward greater creativity.
• Evaluate and motivate designers toward continued growth and leading design solutions.
• Deliver critical feedback where needed and encourage team members throughout the duration of a project.
• Work-cross functionally across all necessary groups to achieve pre-agreed upon company results.
• Streamlined workflow by setting up processes to implement successful creative and marketing initiatives.
• Proven experience leading an operations function within a dynamic and fast paced environment.
• 10+ years of design experience and at least 7 years of design management experience.
• Bachelor’s or Masters Degree in Architecture, or Urban Planning.
• Extensive Industrial Real Estate Experience a plus.
• Licensed Architect preferred.
• LEED accredited preferred.
• In-depth knowledge of all aspects of a construction project and be an efficient document manager.
• Ability to work effectively as a leader and player-coach within a large team.
• Individual must be a good culture fit, and a collaborative team leader.
• Exceptional interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
• Excellent analytical, technical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
• Proficient in Design Tools (Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD), Presentation tools (PowerPoint, Keynote).
• Must be self-directed with excellent time management skills; exceptional at prioritizing and coordinating multiple competing tasks in a timely fashion.
ADA Requirements: The physical demands, work environment factors, and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time, use hands to feel, handle, or type, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move or carry up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. Additionally, employee may be required to drive to a property, walk on uneven ground, walk through a construction site, be exposed to dust or fumes and work around machinery or equipment.