This is an extraordinary leadership opportunity for a highly motivated candidate. Rexford is a high-growth, dynamic organization with an enterprise value in excess of $6BN where you will be reporting to the SVP, Development and Construction.
- Improve firm-wide design standards and ensure their company-wide implementation
- Administer, lead and motivate the design department
- Oversee design presentations
- Oversee plan production
- Monitor project design development
- Provide design direction and support to ensure consistent and high-quality design firm-wide
- Review and approve design team production drawings. Ensure drawings and specs are accurate, precise, meet design standards, and established scope of work
- Oversee the design process of large redevelopment and ground-up construction projects
- Manage distribution and production of project workload within the team
- Evaluate and motivate designers toward continued growth and leading design solutions.
- Minimum 10+ years of design experience and 7+ years of management experience.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in architecture
- Must be a licensed architect
- Must have extensive experience in industrial tilt-up construction, office TIs, and redevelopment projects
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of architecture practice with emphasis on design, building materials, construction methods, integration of engineering disciplines, building costs and building codes
- Ability to work effectively as a leader and coach within a large team
- Excellent analytical, technical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD, & Microsoft Office applications
- LEED accreditation a plus. Must have demonstrable knowledge of sustainable design practices and the requirements of Title 24/green building code (CALGreen)
Rexford is an equal opportunity employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We celebrate diversity and are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees.