Construction Project Manager
Construction Project Manager - Orange County
Rexford Industrial Realty, Inc. (NYSE: REXR) is a leading, publicly traded industrial real estate investment and management company operating over 20 million square feet of industrial properties throughout Southern California.
Rexford Industrial is seeking highly qualified and ambitious Construction Managers to join our rapidly growing Development & Construction team. The Construction Project Manager (CPM) will manage a wide range of projects including new ground-up and redevelopment of existing industrial buildings, including interior office improvements, warehouse building components, MEP/FS systems, sitework, seismic upgrades and other capital improvement projects as required. Projects will be located in multiple Southern CA submarkets and vary in size and complexity. The CPM is responsible to manage the full-phase of each project, including, but not limited to: planning & design; permitting; estimating; bidding/buy-out; contract negotiations; scheduling; budget maintenance; project status reporting and close-out / turn-over. The CPM must oversee and manage all third-party consultants, contractors and trade-specific subcontractors. Each project will require close coordination with Rexford Property Management and Leasing teams as well as in-place and potential tenants.
- Manage 8-12 projects simultaneously of varying size and complexity
- Manage, schedule and coordinate development consultants through the project life cycle (schematic studies, due diligence, design development, bidding documents, construction documents, etc.).
- Assist in the management of site plan alternatives, preliminary design studies, tenant construction criteria review, architect and engineer coordination and sign program development and implementation.
- Provide detailed estimates of project scope, feasibility, permitting, budget and schedule.
- Lead the project procurement and project team formation; qualifying, bidding, negotiating and awarding of contracts. This includes bidding to General Contractors and directly to various Subcontractor trades.
- Manage the contracting process and contract administration with consultants and contractors
- Manage job costs and schedule, and assist in updates to the project management control system
- Utilize best practices and creative technical solutions to create value and improve project outcomes
- Introduce and establish new General Contractor and Subcontractor relationships in order to maximize ability to bid projects competitively.
- Interact and communicate with Property Management, Leasing and divisional peers
- Assist in development and training of administrative and Property Management staff.
- Actively participate in both long-term and short-term planning for the Department and Company goals.
TECHNICAL / PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE:
- Experience with Industrial, Warehouse building and Office interior construction
- Experience in managing all phases of a development project, including design, permitting, bidding/buyout and construction
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Project and Outlook, and proficient in use of project management software
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing using email, voice and project management software; provide clear, concise direction and rapidly respond to inquiries.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize critical tasks; work efficiently
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Ability to problem-solve and learn new technologies, and work processes
- Working knowledge of construction contract terms, ability to negotiate favorable deal terms
- Provide leadership to internal and external teams
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong Work Ethic
- Planning & Organization
- Driven to Continually Learn & Improve
- Provides Leadership and Utilizes Team Approach to Solve Problems
- Operational Decision Making
Rexford Industrial’s compensation and benefits plan includes; highly competitive base salaries, bonus eligibility for many positions, comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance; 401k with match, vacation, additional PTO and paid holidays, as well as regular company events, food, snacks, coffee, ping pong table, massage chairs, TVs and beautiful offices with 360 degree views of the ocean, mountains and city!