SVP, Development and Construction
SVP, Development & Construction
Rexford Industrial Realty, Inc. (NYSE: REXR), a leading, publicly traded industrial real estate investment and management company, operating over 22 million square feet of industrial properties throughout Southern California, seeks an exceptional person to lead and develop its construction and design teams. This is an extraordinary leadership opportunity for a highly-motivated candidate with demonstrated industrial property construction experience and superior people-related management skills. Rexford is a high-growth, dynamic organization with an enterprise value in excess of $4.5BN where you will be reporting to the Co- CEOs. Equity ownership in the company will comprise a key element of compensation for the right candidate.
The right candidate will demonstrate:
- Progressive and dynamic leadership experience, in a high growth and fast paced organization.
- Experience growing, managing and developing a large team of an industry-leading construction capability.
- A creative and innovative approach to Industrial Real Estate.
- History of executing value add and ground-up industrial projects.
- High degree of technologically savvy and enjoy the implementation of new systems and processes.
- The highest level of integrity, accountability and professionalism.
- A strong ability to formulate, articulate and execute a vision, and manage change impeccably.
- Superior communication of priorities and goals, guidance and performance evaluation, issue clarification and problem solving.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide world-class vision and leadership to define and execute REXR’s strategic plan and growth of the Company’s construction, development and design team.
- Responsibility for construction-related matters over Rexford’s entire portfolio.
- Ensure best-in-class execution of the design, pre-construction and construction processes for compliance with project objectives, including budget, performance, timeframe, environmental considerations and quality.
- Coordinate construction management initiatives and work with the property management, leasing and finance departments to ensure best practices in project execution, policies, procedures and training.
- Oversee contracts and key relationships in the development of an industry-leading construction capability.
- Responsibility for financial control/reporting on construction projects.
- Coordination and approval of architectural/engineering construction drawings with respect to budget, scope and schedule.
- Ensure efficient systems to track hard and soft cost expenditures against project budgets and contracts, to review and evaluate change orders and claims, and to re-forecast project schedules and budgets as required in real-time.
- Ensure effective processes, systems and software enabling a leading, world-class construction division.
- Assist the company’s leasing and property management teams, as needed, with tenant improvement and related construction strategy, guidance or execution.
- 10-15+ years of construction project management or related operations and leadership experience, preferably in the industrial property sector.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree
- Ability to work effectively as a leader and player-coach within a large team.
- Experience with industrial building and office interior construction.
- Experience with environmental or sustainability issues.
- A self-motivated, entrepreneurial spirit.
- Business Savvy - A strategic mind that addresses issues in a proactive manner.
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, technical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Project and Outlook and project management software.
- Ability to provide clear, concise direction and rapid responses.
- Must be self-directed with excellent time management skills; exceptional at prioritizing and coordinating multiple competing tasks in a timely fashion
ADA Requirements: The physical demands, work environment factors, and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time, use hands to feel, handle, or type, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move or carry up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. Additionally, employee may be required to drive to a property, walk on uneven ground, walk through a construction site, be exposed to dust or fumes and work around machinery or equipment.