The Acquisitions Analyst will be exposed to the valuation and acquisition process of industrial real estate. Supporting the Acquisitions department with financial underwriting analysis of prospective real estate acquisitions, dispositions, and property development. including preparing Argus Enterprise models from information obtained from various company departments and utilizing Excel models to determine value and key metrics. As opportunities arise, candidates will be exposed to various other parts of the company’s acquisition process.
- Support the Acquisitions team by taking a leading role in the financial underwriting, due diligence and closing processes for target acquisitions
- Generate and defend rental assumptions by evaluating completed lease transactions and units currently available for lease
- Vet/generate assumptions for financial analyses by evaluating operating/financial statements, commercial leases, property taxes, cost of planned renovations, etc.
- Understand key financial valuation metrics/concepts including capitalization rate, IRR, net present value, discount rate, equity multiple, etc.
- Assist in preparation of internal documents presented to management for deal approval
- Attend site visits with team as opportunities arise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Real Estate required
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in industrial or commercial real estate valuation and analysis
- Experience with ARGUS Enterprise, Microsoft Excel required
- Experience with SalesForceand Yardi preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary