Financial Reporting Manager (SEC Reporting)
Senior Manager, SEC Reporting
Rexford Industrial has a diverse Southern California industrial portfolio encompassing 32 million SF of properties. Rexford has been the most active industrial buyer in the Southern California marketplace, acquiring over $4.4 billion dollars and over 27.9 million square feet of buildings since becoming a publicly traded company in July 2013. Never has the mission and vision of Rexford Industrial been more exciting. Help us transform the Southern California Industrial Real Estate landscape!
The Senior Manager, SEC Reporting will play a key role in the preparation of quarterly and annual external financial reporting to the SEC, quarterly earnings release and supplemental packages, other regulatory reporting and technical accounting research, implementation, and disclosures.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the preparation of external financial reporting to the SEC, including 10-Qs, 10-Ks, 8-Ks, and other periodic filings. Responsibilities include preparation and/or review of main financial statements, various footnote and MD&A schedules and disclosures.
- Prepare and/or review monthly and quarterly internal and external reports including balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flows and statement of equity.
- Responsible for coordinating/providing audit support as it relates to quarterly SEC filings including financial statements, footnotes, and disclosure checklists.
- Manage XBRL tagging and review process.
- Prepare industry benchmark comparisons and analysis.
- Assist with monitoring, researching, and implementing changes in SEC and GAAP accounting and disclosure rules and regulations which may have an impact on the Company's filings.
- Assist with other accounting and financial-related projects, as necessary.
- Prepare complex accounting entries, account reconciliations, and work papers related to unique GAAP transactions.
- Regularly recommend process changes and improvements in SEC reporting.
- Interacts with, and collaborates with, support staff and stakeholders within the department and across the Company.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field required.
- CPA license required.
- 7+ years of experience (including “Big 4” public accounting firm experience, as well as experience preparing and filing SEC reports).
- Experience and ability in addressing complex accounting issues.
- Advanced MS Excel skills and proficiency in MS Word.
- Experience with Yardi and Wdesk/Workiva a plus.
- Experience working in the Real Estate industry a plus.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills and attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills using clear, concise language appropriate for financial reporting and ability to summarize and present complex financial data in clear, organized, concise manner.
- Ability to deal with personnel at all levels, exercise discretion on confidential matters and work independently.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Rexford Industrial’s reward plan includes highly competitive base salaries, bonus eligibility and long- term incentives for many positions, comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance; 401k with match, vacation, additional PTO, and paid holidays, as well as regular company events, food, snacks, coffee, ping pong table, massage chairs, TVs and beautiful offices with 360-degree views of the ocean, mountains and city.
We celebrate diversity and are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the bases of race, religion, color, national origin, gender Identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.