Rexford Industrial Realty, Inc. (NYSE: REXR) is a leading, publicly traded industrial real estate investment and management company operating over 13 million square feet of industrial properties throughout Southern California.
We are currently seeking a talented Construction Manager to join the Construction Management team. This position will work collaboratively with clients and colleagues to deliver intelligent solutions to ensure quality project delivery. As a crucial member of our team, this person will help manage construction at Rexford’s industrial properties. This role plays a vital part in continuing our track record of completing projects on time, within budget, and with a maintained focus on customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ideal candidates should possess a minimum of 10 years of experience with large industrial or commercial real-estate construction projects.
- Experience with construction management processes, means, and methods.
- Must be able to manage overall project / construction management services while collaborating with internal and external clients.
- Ideal candidates will understand project delivery, time management, and how to deal with unanticipated events and unforeseen conditions.
- Demonstrated experience in leading project teams to ensure timely accomplishment of project objectives is necessary.
- Proven ability to manage architects, engineers, and contractors throughout all project phases.
- Responsible for submitting for building permits, follow up with any issues related to this.
- Plan revision submissions to municipality.
- Prepare contracts for all disciplines.
- Interface and coordinate with asset and property managers and other in-house personnel to facilitate the construction management process.
- Interface with corporate accounting to assist in accurate internal accounting and corporate budgeting and forecasting.
- Interface with the leasing team to ensure timely completion of TI/CAPEX projects with no impact to tenants (move-ins).
- Bachelor’s degree a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments
Rexford Industrial’s compensation and benefits plan includes; highly competitive base salaries, bonus eligibility for many positions, comprehensivemedical, dental, vision and life insurance; 401k with match, vacation, additional PTO and paid holidays, as well as regular company events, food, snacks, coffee, ping pong table, massage chairs, TVs and beautiful offices with 360 degree views of the ocean, mountains and city!
ADA Requirements: The physical demands, work environment factors, and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to feel, handle, or type; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move or carry up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. Additionally, employee may be required to drive to a property, walk on uneven ground, walk through a construction site, be exposed to dust or fumes and work around machinery or equipment.