Research/Originations Analyst responsibilities include:
- In partnership with the head of originations & a regional market leader - design, plan and execute a multi-pronged campaign to generate actionable prospects for acquisitions pursuits, through a proactive “reverse-inquiry” methodology
- Apply a comprehensive understanding of proprietary preferences for physical property characteristics and demonstrate mastery of regional profiles for tenant/end user demand for infill industrial property in Southern California
- Utilize intensive, detail-oriented research efforts to create a comprehensive profile of property ownership (focusing on history/background, ownership structure and recent developments) in an effort to deduce motivation to sell on the part of a specific owner, or groups of owners
- Synthesize findings from both a review of physical property characteristics and ownership profiles into a compelling thesis for continued pursuit of specific prospects
- Identify, select, and reevaluate on an ongoing basis, critical decisionmakers and ideal points of contact for prospective leads within the brokerage community, principal ownership groups and relevant influencers and advisors of principal owners. Conduct regular active outreach to those identified points of contact.
- Determine prioritization of Rexford pursuits with real estate brokers of existing opportunities in our database and succinctly and compellingly advise them regarding where to apply best efforts to generate actionable prospects
- Utilize ownership profiling to formulate and deliver a compelling pitch to principal owners and influencers in favor of continued engagement with Rexford on a potential purchase & sale opportunity
- Assist Jr. Research/Originations Analyst to ensure that all evaluated prospects are logged and accurately categorized in Rexford’s internal database with particular focus on property physical characteristics, leased condition details, seller profile & motivations and relevant deal contacts
- Collaborate with research team, market leaders, director of market strategy, executive officers, underwriters and external contacts to execute a coordinated, strategic approach to acquisition target identification and pursuit
- Actively seek to maintain an informed perspective on the company’s active deal pipeline, using insights gleaned to narrowly tailor research/lead generation activities to internal preferences and to identify ongoing trends amongst common ownership groups
- Generate, propose and implement new lead generation strategies to capitalize on “microtrends” in specific industrial pockets and the broader Southern California region
- Spearhead and sustain ongoing dialogue with each regional Market Leader regarding both long-term and nascent trends in each infill industrial sub-market
- Cull and analyze relevant data from subscribed databases, regional periodicals and governmental/public records to identify trends and patterns amongst industrial end-users and industrial property owners
- Construct a preliminary evaluation of relevant return metrics on prospective purchase opportunities, including capitalization rate and stabilized yield on total cost
- Respond to all internal and external requests for insight, data, and information
The successful candidate should demonstrate:
- 1-3 years of qualified analyst, research, lead generation/deal originations, underwriting or financial modeling experience;
- Superior Microsoft Excel skills;
- Experience in Salesforce, Yardi and ARGUS Enterprise valued
- Demonstrated ability to perform thoughtful, effective research;
- Superior oral and written communication skills;
- Entrepreneurial, team-oriented approach to work;
- Superior time- and task-management skills.
ADA Requirements: The physical demands, work environment factors, and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time, use hands to feel, handle, or type, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move or carry up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. Additionally, employee may be required to drive to a property, walk on uneven ground, walk through a construction site, be exposed to dust or fumes and work around machinery or equipment.
Rexford Industrial’s reward plan includes; highly competitive base salaries, bonus eligibility and long- term incentives for many positions, comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance; 401k with match, vacation, additional PTO and paid holidays, as well as regular company events, food, snacks, coffee, ping pong table, massage chairs, TVs and beautiful offices with 360 degree views of the ocean, mountains and city.
We celebrate diversity and are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the bases of race, religion, color, national origin, gender Identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.