Regional Design Lead
Regional Design Lead
Rexford Industrial Realty, Inc. (NYSE: REXR) is a leading, publicly traded industrial real estate investment and management company operating over 32 million square feet of industrial properties throughout Southern California. Never has the mission and vision of Rexford Industrial been more exciting. Strategically located in Southern California, the largest industrial market in the U.S., our strategy targets investment in well-located, infill industrial buildings with value-add opportunities to renovate and enhance functionality and efficiency, in contrast with keeping these buildings operating in their existing condition or replacing them fully with new structures.
We are looking for a Regional Design Lead to join our internal Design Team in our LA or OC office that supports Rexford’s vertically integrated team of Construction Managers, Property Managers, Acquisitions Team, and Leasing Managers. The primary role of the Project Lead is to manage a region of properties and produce project drawings to support the varying arms of the company. Typical drawings would include conceptual design through construction documents in addition to marketing drawings and lease exhibits. This position will be a direct report to the Director of Architecture within Rexford. As a Regional Design Lead within the Design Team, you will have a significant impact on the future of our product and the business.
Regional Design Lead Responsibilities include:
- Lead, design, and prepare architectural drawings and details quickly with attention to detail under guidance of supervisor.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally both verbally and in writing to our clients (other Rexford disciplines), consultants, vendors, and peers.
- Produce and organize the contract documents that could include (but limited to): presentation packages, construction documents, bid documents, and lease/ marketing exhibits. Coordinate drawings with consultant drawings and specifications. Understand the organization of the contract documents.
- Possess CAD knowledge of drawing setup, layers, plotting/publishing, dimensions, blocks, attributes, purge/audit/recover, backup files, and view ports. Assist in the development of architectural graphic standards.
- Apply building code concepts of accessibility, occupant loads, exit widths, fire rated walls and doors, ramps, stairs and handrails, and interior environment.
- Support the construction administration phase of a project by jobsite visits, assisting in review of submittals, shop drawings, response to RFI’s, and preparation of instruction bulletins for changes.
- Work closely with Construction Management, Property Management, Marketing and Leasing to create plans and innovative content for leasing and marketing materials and property websites.
- Ensuring that all properties are optimally marketed for lease or for sale.
Regional Design Lead Requisite Skills:
- 5-7 years minimum of drafting and project management experience in an architectural firm.
- Industrial experience preferred
- Bachelor of Architecture degree preferred.
- Understanding of architectural drawing and production processes
- Must be a results-oriented team player with exceptional time-management, organizational skill, and ability to work under their own initiative.
- Working knowledge of architectural graphic standards
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills;
- Creative problem solver with strong analytical skills;
- Must possess solid visual presentation, graphic & drawing skills;
- Understand technical terminology of the architectural and construction industry.
- Expertise in AutoCAD drafting, BlueBeam, Excel, and Adobe Photoshop. Sketchup knowledge would be preferred.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and precision;
- General experience creating Construction Documents;
- Knowledge of building and zoning codes
Rexford Industrial’s reward plan includes; highly competitive base salaries, bonus eligibility and long- term incentives for many positions, comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance; 401k with match, vacation, additional PTO and paid holidays, as well as regular company events, food, snacks, coffee, ping pong table, massage chairs, TVs and beautiful offices with 360-degree views of the ocean, mountains and city.
ADA Requirements: The physical demands, work environment factors, and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to feel, handle, or type; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move or carry up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. Additionally, employee may be required to drive to a property, walk on uneven ground, walk through a construction site, be exposed to dust or fumes and work around machinery or equipment.
We celebrate diversity and are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the bases of race, religion, color, national origin, gender Identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.