Information Technology Manager
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGER
Rexford Industrial Realty, Inc. (NYSE: REXR), a leading, publicly traded industrial real estate investment and management company, operating over 22 million square feet of industrial properties throughout Southern California, seeks an exceptional person to lead and develop its Information Technology activities. This is an extraordinary leadership opportunity for a highly-motivated candidate with demonstrated technology experience and superior people and project management skills to scale our information technology needs. Rexford is a high-growth, dynamic organization with an enterprise value in excess of $4.5BN located in Los Angeles, CA.
The Information Technology Manager (“IT Manager”) will be responsible for all aspects of the company’s evolving technology needs including asset management and performance tracking and reporting; reporting to the CFO. Technology and innovation are key to our success and our ability to take Rexford to the next level. The right candidate will be responsible for driving and enabling our next generation technology platform and executing the IT roadmap, playing a pivotal role in scaling company growth. Equity ownership in the company will be available for the successful candidate.
Rexford Industrial outsources day-to-day Information Technology services to a 3rd party; the following objectives are initially based on managing this relationship.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop IT/systems plans, roadmap, and strategies ensuring effective support and solutions that empower the overall business objectives and its growth.
- Analyze complex business needs and recommend technical solutions.
- Identify, analyze, trends to develop actionable data and insights for various stakeholders.
- Act as liaison between user groups, vendor support, and internal teams to facilitate large and small-scale changes, integrations and complex problem-solving.
- Research, recommend and implement new IT systems (hardware, software and services) based on the company’s current and future needs.
- Determine company training needs related to IT systems and coordinate training and communication with the training department and vendors as needed.
- Create policies and procedures related to technology with the intent to maintain consistency throughout the organization. Ensure all protocols are followed and in compliance with company policies and legal requirements.
- Minimize IT security risks through proactive risk identification and mitigation.
- Responsible for IT department budget including preparing the annual budget, reviewing and approving monthly invoices, analyzing IT related expenses and determining ways to increase cost efficiencies.
- Remain current with changing technology trends, regulations, and laws that might affect the organization and our business. Make recommendations for updates or changes as needed.
- Develop and manage metrics to measure and improve IT department performance: dashboards and operational reports to provide insight for teams, managers, and executives.
- Create and maintain Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans.
- Hands-on troubleshooting and repair as needed.
- Drive a strong customer service mindset within the IT department including the outsourced team members, demonstrating strong customer service leadership.
- Manage, train and mentor IT team and lead hiring process for new IT positions.
- Project management of numerous ongoing projects with multiple deadlines and stakeholders.
- Management/SSO platforms and Meraki networks.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or related field preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of experience managing information technology systems in a corporate environment, including data security, access controls and video surveillance systems.
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading and mentoring a team of technical professionals.
- Effective planning, ability to multi-task and establish priorities to meet deadlines, while working in a collaborative environment.
- Superior relationship management skills with the ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, presentation) with the ability to communicate to executive levels and company-wide correspondence.
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft corporate technologies (desktop, server, cloud, etc.), as well as Microsoft Office 365.
- Working knowledge of networking concepts (TCP/IP, OSI Model, SD-WAN, MDF/IDF Infrastructure and structured cabling, etc.).
- Experience with: Yardi Systems, Office 365, Share Point, One Drive, Identity, a plus
- Previous experience managing telecom vendors (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile) a plus.
- Property management or real estate experience a plus.
If this sounds like you, come join us!
Rexford Industrial’s reward plan includes; highly competitive base salaries, bonus eligibility and long- term incentives for many positions, comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance; 401k with match, vacation, additional PTO and paid holidays, as well as regular company events, food, snacks, coffee, ping pong table, massage chairs, TVs and beautiful offices with 360 degree views of the ocean, mountains and city.
ADA Requirements: The physical demands, work environment factors, and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to feel, handle, or type; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move or carry up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. Additionally, employee may be required to drive to a property, walk on uneven ground, walk through a construction site, be exposed to dust or fumes and work around machinery or equipment.