Director of Property Management
We are experiencing rapid growth and currently have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Property Management to join our team in the corporate office (Brentwood) or our OC location.
- Seeks opportunities to exceed the budget and to identify or create incremental opportunities to increase cash flow and value and to mitigate unanticipated or emerging risks
- Ensures that the portfolio meets or exceeds the established operational, financial, and business goals, which includes optimizing tenant and vendor relationships by inspecting properties to ensure product quality, reviewing financial and operational metrics, and analyzing the markets.
- Develops Property Management strategies and implements processes and procedures in collaboration with senior management.
- Oversees the completion of annual CAM Recs and budgeting process.
- Evaluates maintenance operations to ensure quality and cost efficiency.
- Identifies areas for improving the overall operation and success by offering suggestions, leading improvement initiatives, and working with the VP’s of Asset Management to implement suggestions
- Serves as a sponsor and leader for the Property Management team, including Property Managers, APMs and PA’s, coaching and developing staff to elevate their performance.
- Oversees work performed by the Property Management team, vendors, and tenants to resolve property repair and maintenance issues and delivers the highest caliber of property management services.
- Reviews and submits reporting to VPs of Asset Management to proactively measure and communicate the performance of the properties.
- Maintains Tenant and Vendor relationships across the portfolio to maximize tenant retention, quality of work performed and best in class pricing of services.
- Maintains highest possible product quality and ensures Class A Property Management directives are being met consistently across the portfolio, including capital projects, Rexford branding, etc.
- Conducts site visits to diagnose challenges and opportunities and ensure proper follow thru.
- Ensures the appearance, functionality and physical aspects of the properties meet Rexford’s established standards through routine site inspections and communicates concerns and requests for capital improvements to VPs of Asset Management
- Utilizes and help further develop Rexford’s asset management reporting tools to assess and communicate portfolio and property performance, which currently include: Watch List, Occupancy Lock, AR Reporting, Variance Reporting, Property Inspections, Late Fee Report, AR Report
- Monthly meeting with regional VP to review above referenced reports, team metrics and property status highlights.
- CPM or actively pursuing designation
- Active in one or more associations (ie IREM, BOMA, etc.)
- 7+ years experience (preferably within industrial)
- Has managed a team