Vice President/Director, Marketing
Vice President/Director, Marketing
Rexford Industrial Realty, Inc. (NYSE: REXR), a leading, publicly traded industrial real estate investment and management company, operating over 22 million square feet of industrial properties throughout Southern California with an enterprise value in excess of $4BN, seeks an exceptional person to lead its marketing efforts. If the thrills of a rapidly-growing leader in the field excites you and you're up for the challenge, you would be hard-pressed to come by a better opportunity. The mission and vision of Rexford Industrial hasn’t been more exciting for the company and for the people that help make it happen. This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established and innovative business where you will own the end-to-end marketing strategy & execution, reporting to the Co- CEOs.
Visionary. Creator. Brand Marketer. Innovator. Executor. Does this sound like you? Come join us!
You are the right person if...
- You are passionate and creative, and get it done!
- You are an inspiring, experienced leader who thrives in a customer-focused, entrepreneurial environment, and enjoys having FUN.
- You are excited by originating creatively-driven, omni-channel marketing campaigns utilized to drive behaviors that facilitate transactions enabling the company’s tremendous growth.
- You relish the idea that your ideas and initiatives are contributing directly to the company’s growth.
- You take ownership over your work and love the idea that your contributions to the growth of the company also enable your ownership in the company to grow.
- You are excited about developing valued customer and partner communities. You are a hands-on, high energy, creative leader with a keen sense of humor who doesn't mind getting into the weeds while also staying on top of strategic goals.
The primary role of the Vice President/Director of Marketing includes:
- Omni-channel stakeholder marketing targeting industrial property brokers, owners and influencers via database marketing, digital & traditional media designed to drive behaviors and catalyze investment opportunities. Help take Rexford’s key relationships to a new level and build upon the company’s success that has so far enabled over $3 billion in acquisitions via predominately off-market transactions during the prior five years.
- Corporate branding & marketing ranging from the company’s online presence, corporate collateral to the company’s investor-facing identity.
- Environmental branding and standards ensuring the “look and feel” of Rexford’s growing portfolio of industrial properties conveys forward-looking thought-leadership and a differentiated customer-tenant value-proposition that maximizes the marketability of Rexford properties as well as the tenant experience.
- Internal-facing marketing and branding designed to enhance the company’s recruiting efforts and to maximize the quality of employees’ experience as part of the Rexford team.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Set the vision for the Rexford brand in support of strategic marketing and business objectives.
- Design and execute marketing strategies which focus on each specific audience: including brokers, investors, tenants and employees/potential employees.
- Build and drive branding campaigns including e-mail campaigns, social media and websites to drive market activity and deliver promotional materials, which include marketing print and collateral copies, social media announcements and e-mail campaigns in accordance with specific project and market requirements.
- Manage the marketing team, budget, ensure all marketing programs are successful, metrics-driven, and goal-oriented.
- Represent Rexford at events, be a thought leader / brand ambassador and gather market intelligence while exposing the company to the broader industry.
- Research competitors, current business standards and real estate industry news.
- Report KPIs at meetings as scheduled. Measuring the success of marketing and creative campaigns across the business, provide research and analytics to evaluate effectiveness of strategy, initiatives and campaigns.
- Be a visionary digital marketing leader and stay on top of industry trends and best practices.
- Plan, develop, and implement our SEO and SEM strategy.
- A compelling portfolio of original work that’s both conceptual and results-driven.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a highly creative process, harnessing ideas and resources as needed to enable the creation of innovative omni-channel campaigns with meaningful, measurable results.
- 8+ years of experience in a similar role, and Bachelor's Degree in Marketing preferred.
- Proven leadership experience carrying out marketing efforts, including planning, prioritizing, and implementing strategy.
- Excellent creative, critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and business insights.
- You are entrepreneurial, adaptable and work well in a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience with corporate marketing and branding, and a clear understanding of marketing strategies and concepts.
- Deep digital marketing experience. Serve as the team expert on analyzing future tools for digital success and making recommendations.
- The ability to think long-term about how to evolve the brand as the business continues to grow at aggressive rates - and to plan through the long, medium, and short-term accordingly.
- You are metric driven and draw insights from complex marketing data.
- Advanced analytical and problem- solving skills. Excellent knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Budgetary Management experience. Manage and lead outside Vendors.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- High energy, well organized ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced and unstructured environment.
- Specific title (VP/Director) to be mutually agreed and shall be commensurate with skills and experience.
- A maniacal focus on execution.
Rexford Industrial’s reward plan includes; a highly competitive base salary, bonus and long- term incentives, comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance; 401k with match, vacation, additional PTO and paid holidays, as well as regular company events, food, snacks, coffee, ping pong, massage chairs, TVs and beautiful offices with 360 degree views of the ocean, mountains and city.
ADA Requirements: The physical demands, work environment factors, and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to feel, handle, or type; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move or carry up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. Additionally, employee may be required to drive to a property, walk on uneven ground, walk through a construction site, be exposed to dust or fumes and work around machinery or equipment.