Rexford Industrial Realty, Inc. (NYSE: REXR) is a leading, publicly traded industrial real estate investment and management company operating over 30 million square feet of industrial properties throughout Southern California. Never has the mission and vision of Rexford Industrial been more exciting. Help us transform the Southern California Industrial Real Estate landscape!
We are experiencing rapid growth and currently have an exciting opportunity for a CAM Accountant to join our team in the Downtown Los Angeles office.
In CAM Accountant position, you will have the responsibility for preparing annual CAM / Tax billings to tenants, including documentation to sustain charges upon tenant audit. Responding to tenant inquires for explanations, support of CAM / tax recovery bills. Reviewing CAM / Tax language in draft leases.
CAM Accountant Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
CAM / Tax Modeling
- Maintain CAM / Tax recovery models for multiple properties in accordance with lease provisions.
- Modify CAM / Tax models for new executed leases and turnover of tenants.
- Prepare proforma CAM / Tax models to illustrate the effect of potential new tenants or lease amendments on CAM / Tax recoveries.
CAM / Tax Billing
- Compute annual CAM Reconciliations
- Prepare and compile, financial support relating to CAM
- Work closely with Property Managers and Accounting to address tenant inquiries regarding all matter relating to CAM
- Determine current year CAM estimates for monthly payments.
- Interface with auditors.
- Provide requested documentation in accordance with lease provisions.
- Explain calculations and documentation.
- Document proposed changes and obtain concurrence with property managers and senior management.
- Modify CAM models as required as a result of audits.
- Contract / Lease Review
- Review CAM provisions in draft leases.
- Budgets and Reforecasts
- Point person for annual budgets and quarterly reforecasts.
- Interface with property managers and property accountants to project property expenses.
- Modify proforma CAM models to correspond with budgeted costs.
- Review and analyze property management accounting reports to ensure that a complete and accurate accounting package is being compiled. Such activities should include, among other things, reviewing the proper treatment and timely booking of accruals
- Review of financial statements for unusual items, reasonable tests review of revenues and major expenses, review of unusual quarterly fluctuations
- Interface and coordinate property managers and other in-house personnel to facilitate processes relating to CAM. Examples include special requests for information for maintenance of various internal databases, and research into specific tenant issues
- Assistance in providing year end audit and CAM Rec packages.
- Interface with corporate accounting to assist in accurate internal accounting and corporate budgeting and forecasting.
CAM Accountant Required Qualifications:
- 2+ years of accounting experience; preferably in property management
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Suites
- Knowledge of GAAP and FASB pronouncements related to real estate accounting
- Working knowledge of accounting processes and internal controls
- Good interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
CAM Accountant Desired Qualifications:
- Substantial knowledge of Yardi and Excel
- Knowledge of lease language and ability to interpret same
Rexford Industrial’s reward plan includes highly competitive base salaries, bonus eligibility and long- term incentives for many positions, comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance; 401k with match, vacation, additional PTO, and paid holidays, as well as regular company events, food, snacks, coffee, ping pong table, massage chairs, TVs, and beautiful offices with 360-degree views of the ocean, mountains, and city.
We celebrate diversity and are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the bases of race, religion, color, national origin, gender Identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.