Manager, Learning & Development
Rexford Industrial Realty, Inc. (NYSE: REXR), a leading, publicly traded industrial real estate investment and management company, operating over 24 million square feet of industrial properties throughout Southern California with an enterprise value in excess of $4BN, seeks an exceptional person to lead its Learning & Development efforts. If the thrills of a rapidly-growing leader in the field excites you and you're up for the challenge, you would be hard-pressed to come by a better opportunity. The mission and vision of Rexford Industrial hasn’t been more exciting for the company and for the people that help make it happen. This is an exciting opportunity to help scale a well-established and innovative business where you will own the end-to-end talent development, reporting to the SVP, HR.
We want to continue to elevate our amazing employee experience and be known as an employer of choice. Thus, we are seeking a Manager, Learning & Development who is a motivated professional to create, design and implement a culture of Learning and Development throughout the organization to build an interactive, engaging employee experience and help us scale our teams as quickly as our business is growing and ensure our employees thrive!
Build an ever-evolving learning machine that leverages innovative technology, best in class techniques.
- Conduct needs assessment, design and implement training programs aligned with client needs and company L&D priorities
- Lead and improve the effectiveness of Rexford’s existing talent management and learning programs, including onboarding, new manager, leadership, coaching, performance management, interviewing, goal setting, high potential, succession, retention & mentorship programs.
- Develop and recommend approach for optimal mix of learning delivery methodologies including classroom, live-and-online, self-paced e-learning and blended methodologies
- Develop training and change management strategies to support the rollout of Rexford’s talent programs including goal setting and performance management, effective feedback and compensation planning.
- Measure the success and return on investment of development programs, using program evaluation tools that measure effectiveness and return on investment of programs
- Strategically maximize LMS capabilities, and continuously refresh development content
- Develop competency and capability models for a variety of functions/roles
- Provide thought leadership and program development support for people manager focused curriculum).
- Oversee all the company's mandatory training programs (anti-harassment, safety, etc), ensuring proper compliance and engagement
- Manage the annual leadership conference: theme, purpose, content, vendors, location, etc.
- L&D product packaging, rollout and communication expert
- Provide reporting dashboards, effectiveness measures and ROI on programs
- Manage company VOE surveys and action planning
- Manage L&D vendor relationships for externally led programs
- Ten+ years learning and development experience, ideally in distributed workforce environment
- Experience crafting, delivering and evaluating the effectiveness of organizational development and learning programs
- Ability to apply professional experience and learning theory in practical manner, including ability to adapt concepts into effective, culturally appropriate learning programs
- Experienced, compelling facilitator with strong presentation skills and ability to adapt style to engage audiences of all levels
- Strong executive presence and demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships and influence and motivate both leaders and employees
- Knowledge of contemporary HR and L&D research, systems and practices
- Experience managing blended learning, including E-Learning
- Ability to effectively handle change in a particularly chaotic environment with frequently changing priorities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; presents accurately and clearly in both verbal and written communications across various formats
- Strong end-to-end program/project management skills
- Excellent vendor and budgetary management
- BA or BS degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Possess a high level of business insight, and consistently deliver high-quality results, on time & on budget