Construction Project Manager
Construction Project Manager
Rexford Industrial Realty, Inc. (NYSE: REXR) is a leading, publicly traded industrial real estate investment and management company operating over 20 million square feet of industrial properties throughout Southern California.
JOB TITLE: Construction Project Manager
BUSINESS UNIT: Building renovation, reposition and Tenant Improvements (TI’s)
OFFICE LOCATION: San Diego County, California.
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: minimum 7 years as construction project manager for commercial office / industrial projects
The Construction Manager will provide manage and supervise the construction of commercial office, industrial and warehouse properties. Projects should be completed within a timely manner (on schedule) and within a defined cost (on budget). The Construction Manager’s responsibilities include but are not limited to design oversight, estimating, buy-out, contract negotiations, scheduling, consultant management, maintaining budgets, reporting for new and existing commercial and industrial projects. The Construction Manager will act as an “in-house GC” to manage all subtrades in office and warehouse TI projects. Additional responsibilities include a technical oversight and supervisory role to Property Managers, and project cost estimating and feasibility analyses for in-house Leasing managers.
• Manage, schedule and coordinate development consultants through the project life cycle (schematic studies, due diligence, design development, construction documents, bidding documents, etc.).
• Lead the project procurement and project teaming formation; qualifying, bidding, negotiating and awarding of contracts. This includes bidding to General Contractors and directly to the various trades.
• Provide timely construction cost estimates for a wide range of projects and assist in the preparation of the projects development budgets and proforma studies.
• Establish reporting and managing development schedule.
• Project manage the pre-construction, construction and closeout phase of assigned projects.
• Assist in the management of site plan alternatives, preliminary design studies, tenant construction criteria review, architect and engineer coordination and sign program development and implementation.
• Manage job costs and assist in updates to the project cost control system (on budget).
• Manage contracting process and contract administration with consultants and sub-contractors.
- Establish and grow a database of subcontracts for each critical trade to use for direct bidding.
• Development and motivation of assigned staff.
• Leadership in both long term and short term planning for the department and company goals.
• Interact and communicate (collaboration) with Property Management, Leasing and divisional peers.
TECHNICAL/PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE(Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience)
• Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Project and Outlook, and proficiency in working knowledge of Procore helpful.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; give clear direction and respond to inquiries.
• Ability to multi-task, organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service.
• Ability to coordinate projects through planning, organizing, and coordinating tasks.
• Ability to problem-solve
• Ability to negotiate
• Provide leadership
• Planning & Organizing
• Continuous Improvement
• Developing Talent
• Operational Decision Making
• Technical/Professional Knowledge
Rexford Industrial’s compensation and benefits plan includes; highly competitive base salaries, bonus eligibility for many positions, comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance; 401k with match, vacation, additional PTO and paid holidays, as well as regular company events, food, snacks, coffee, ping pong table, massage chairs, TVs and beautiful offices with 360 degree views of the ocean, mountains and city!