SVP, CONSTRUCTION and DEVELOPMENT
Senior Vice President, Construction and Development
Rexford Industrial Realty, Inc. (NYSE: REXR) is a leading, publicly traded industrial real estate investment and management company operating over 20 million square feet of industrial properties throughout Southern California.
The Senior Vice President, Construction and Development reports to Rexford’s Co-CEOs and is responsible for strategic leadership of the Company’s construction and design group, a key driver of Rexford’s growth through construction and repositioning of new and existing industrial and distribution buildings. This candidate will lead and develop Rexford Industrial’s team of construction professionals, which includes construction leaders, project managers, and in-house designers and architect. This dynamic leader will provide the world-class vision and leadership required to define and execute Rexford Industrial’s strategic plan for the operation and growth of the Company’s Construction and related Operations team.
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading a construction and design team at a fast-paced organization
- Proven experience implementing processes in a rapid-growth, high-performing environment
- Managing high volume and diverse projects throughout the Southern California markets.
- Complete critical path schedules with assistance of the developer and other internal team members/stakeholders.
- Successful financial management of on- time/on- budget delivery
- The candidate should excel at organization, team development and problem solving (hiring, training, coaching, ongoing career development, performance management, and succession planning)
- The ideal person will have strong communication and leadership skills as well as advanced knowledge in contracting, construction management, design, procurement, and scheduling.
- The person should be a self-starter and team player.
- Overseeing Growth: Rexford has experienced significant growth in recent years and has a strategic plan in place to continue to drive further aggressive growth. The SVP will be responsible for helping to drive the future growth within Rexford Industrial.
- Operational Oversight: The SVP will effectively manage all operational activities and will be responsible for leading the day-to-day activities related to the current properties under construction as well as the new construction starts in each vertical.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Excellent analytical, technical and organizational skills