Portfolio Manager – Industrial
Rexford Industrial Realty, Inc. (NYSE: REXR) is a leading, publicly traded industrial real estate investment and management company operating over 15 million square feet of industrial properties throughout Southern California. We are experiencing rapid growth and currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Portfolio Manager to join the team in our corporate office in Santa Monica.
In this position, you will provide support to the Portfolio Manager and/or Regional VP in the management of a large industrial portfolio and be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the properties and property staff to fulfill the objectives set each year.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure Property Management services are provided in compliance with policies, procedures, regulations and lease obligations and standards for assigned portfolio.
- Bid, negotiates and manage vendor contracts.
- Conduct routine property inspections to prevent/identify problems and exposures.
- Recommend alterations, maintenance and reconditioning for Regional VP approval, as necessary.
- Assist Regional VP in the completion of quarterly and annual property inspection reporting.
- Assist in preparation of annual Budgets for operating and capital expenses.
- Complete annual Common Area Maintenance (CAM) reconciliations.
- Responsible for the review and approval of the monthly rent roll, and to ensure statements are sent out timely.
- Ensures timely rent collection, and Watch list updates and payment of property expenses.
- Ensures tenant needs are met by administrative and building technical staff to resolve problems promptly.
- Provide and foster positive relationships with tenants and internal clients.
- Oversees transfer of acquisitions/dispositions, including utilities, new vendors, tenant set-up and welcome letters.
- Assist Portfolio Manager and/or Regional VP in the coordination of tenant improvements through punch-list, interior/exterior building capital projects in cooperation with the Construction Department (as required).
- Coordinates tenant move-ins and move-outs, completion of all required paperwork including security deposit refund, within required timeframe.
- Coordinates Preventative Maintenance Programs for building systems, roof and other, as required.
- Assist Regional VP in the coordination of legal action as necessary, including unlawful detainer action, early lease terminations/settlement agreements.
- Assists in the preparation and delivery of timely, accurate and complete variance reporting and accruals on a monthly basis, and other reporting, as required.
- Assists in tracking Environmental related issues at properties, and ensuring compliance by tenants and vendors.
- BA degree or equivalent to a 4-year college degree
- 3+ years property management experience managing a commercial/industrial multi-tenant portfolio
- Current Real Estate License
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Experience with Budgets and CAM Reconciliations
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and a strong attention to detail
- Strong accounting skills and knowledge
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and Yardi
Rexford Industrial’s compensation and benefits plan includes; highly competitive base salaries, bonus eligibility for many positions, comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance; 401k with match, vacation, additional PTO and paid holidays, as well as regular company events, food, snacks, coffee, ping pong table, massage chairs, TVs and beautiful offices with 360 degree views of the ocean, mountains and city!
ADA Requirements: The physical demands, work environment factors, and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to feel, handle, or type; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move or carry up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. Additionally, employee may be required to drive to a property, walk on uneven ground, walk through a construction site, be exposed to dust or fumes and work around machinery or equipment.