Assistant Portfolio Manager
Assistant Portfolio Manager
Rexford Industrial Realty, Inc. (NYSE: REXR) is a leading, publicly traded industrial real estate investment and management company operating over 32 million square feet of industrial properties throughout Southern California. Never has the mission and vision of Rexford Industrial been more exciting. Help us transform the Southern California Industrial Real Estate landscape!
We are experiencing rapid growth and currently have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Portfolio Manager to join our team in the corporate office. In this position, you will be providing support to the Property Management Department and Portfolio Managers in the management of South Bay Territory Portfolio of industrial properties.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Approves daily invoices and review to ensure the accuracy of accounts payables.
- Prepare and process tenant bill-backs, TI reimbursement and check requests, etc.
- Pre-posting of monthly rent roll and distribution of monthly rent statements
- Provide follow-up and updating notes on delinquencies, watchlist and monthly late fee reports
- Prepare all required legal notices, including but not limited to Notices of Non-Responsibility process, 3-day notices and notice of abandonment
- Assist with property inspections, including Yardi input
- Assist with tenant move in and move out walkthroughs, including checklist review.
- Assist with annual budgets, accrual reports, bad debt forms, security deposit and CAM reconciliations
- Assist the Manager and/or Director of Property Management with vendor bidding, monitoring vendor POs and contract agreements. Implement the approved operating and capital budgets, resolving property management issues, and various department's needs.
- Provide support to the Manager and/or Director of Property Management with various reporting needs, including but not limited to accrual, space prep, watchlist and incident reports, etc.
- Assist the Manager and/or Director of Property Management with Tenant and Suite build outs as well as capital upgrades
- Provide support to collect, review and update tenant and vendor’s insurance certificates
- Prepare tenant notifications for property activities and lease compliance
- Assist in the transition process of new acquisitions and dispositions
- Interface with tenants and vendors on repair and maintenance issues
- Assist Tenants with online Tenant portal for rent payments and work order requests
- Monitor and maintain properties in Yardi Elevate system for service calls and ensuring timely completion
- Maintain property certification tracking: fire life safety tracking and HVAC inventory spreadsheets, etc.
- Maintain/Save lease and contract files, as well as other files located within the corporate shared drive
- Perform other activities as required by the Managers and/or Director of Property Management to ensure a high operation standard
- Bachelor’s Degree Required.
- Proven track record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Basic understanding of Budgeting and CAM Reconciliation processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
Rexford Industrial’s reward plan includes; highly competitive base salaries, bonus eligibility and long- term incentives for many positions, comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance; 401k with match, vacation, additional PTO and paid holidays, as well as regular company events, food, snacks, coffee, ping pong table, massage chairs, TVs and beautiful offices with 360 degree views of the ocean, mountains and city.
ADA Requirements: The physical demands, work environment factors, and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to feel, handle, or type; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move or carry up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. Additionally, employee may be required to drive to a property, walk on uneven ground, walk through a construction site, be exposed to dust or fumes and work around machinery or equipment.