Due Diligence/ Transaction Manager
Due Diligence/Transaction Manager
Rexford has a diverse Southern California industrial portfolio encompassing 32 million SF of properties. Rexford has been the most active industrial buyer in the Southern California marketplace, acquiring over $4.4 billion dollars and over 27.9 million square feet of buildings since becoming a publicly traded company in July 2013. Never has the mission and vision of Rexford Industrial been more exciting. Help us transform the Southern California Industrial Real Estate landscape!
We are experiencing rapid growth and currently have an exciting opportunity for a Due Diligence/Transaction Manager; VP, AVP or Sr. Manager, dependent on experience, to join our Investments team in the corporate office.
In this position you will be providing transaction stewardship to the most active Industrially focused investment team in Southern California.
The Due Diligence/Transaction Manager function works in collaboration with the following roles/groups:
- Market Leader
- Construction & Development
Job Overview: As the Due Diligence/Transaction Manager, you will lead all due diligence related matters including, the purchase and sale process, financial and physical due diligence, and the closing process. From maintaining timelines and coordinating title and escrow, you will be responsible for conducting all due diligence analysis as well as facilitate all paperwork, communication, and follow-up between all related external and internal parties. You will be expected to manage all transactions from opening of escrow to closing. You will be expected to fully understand the underwritten business plan of each potential acquisition and identify and solve any items that present themselves during the due diligence process that contradicts or inhibits the realization of the business plan.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conduct comprehensive physical and financial due diligence
- Manage multiple simultaneous escrows and ensure milestone events are properly tracked
- Manage third party due diligence vendors and reviewing detailed due diligence materials
- Manage the transaction process with support provided by due diligence coordinator other team members
- Prepare weekly transaction activity/status reports
- Interact with external clients, escrow, title, and third-party vendors
- Coordinate closely with acquisitions market leaders as well as other internal teams throughout the diligence process such as leasing, construction, legal, and property management
- Prepare detailed Investment Committee documents for internal approvals as well as detailed documents required for Closing/transitioning to property management
- BA or BS degree in business, finance, accounting, or real estate
- 5+ years of industrial or commercial real estate transaction management
- Knowledge of all aspects of industrial real estate transactions including legal documentation, purchases/sales, due diligence, environmental due diligence, and title and escrow
- Demonstrated ability to manage, oversee and train others
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Argus Enterprise
- Successful track record of working in an institutional, dynamic, fast-paced and changing environment that is results oriented
- Strong quantitative skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and verbal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial, self-driven and results oriented
- Highly collaborative and team oriented
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Knowledge of Salesforce preferred
- Minimum Southern California travel required
Rexford Industrial’s reward plan includes highly competitive base salaries, bonus eligibility and long- term incentives for many positions, comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance; 401k with match, vacation, additional PTO, and paid holidays, as well as regular company events, food, snacks, coffee, ping pong table, massage chairs, TVs and beautiful offices with 360-degree views of the ocean, mountains and city.
We celebrate diversity and are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the bases of race, religion, color, national origin, gender Identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.