Software QA Engineer
About the team
This position is for the Integrations team, which is responsible for integrating Qualys products with various 3rd party vendor systems. Our usual work activities include doing research and development on new integration opportunities, learning new technologies and systems so that we can develop working prototypes. We take pride in extending Qualys offerings into other systems so that customers benefit the most from our work.
What will you do?
- Install/test/verify multiple components that comprise the integration projects with the intention to certify that the project conforms to the requirements and is ready for release.
- Understand and master, not only the integration project but also the underlying platform.
- Develop and maintain test plans and test cases for features under test.
- Automate your test cases with an established automated framework or devise your own.
- Execute tests and provide quality test status reports while meeting schedule commitments.
- Review and analyze project documentation to ensure testability.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot the integrated solution under test.
- Understand how a feature is implemented in order to develop test cases for the functionality, performance, stress, and fault conditions.
- Identify the level of test coverage required and evaluate customer feedback to identify weak areas.
- Ability to work independently for own tasks and collaboratively with the rest of the team to achieve common goals.
- Develop reusable tools for test automation and identify new methods for automation.
- Work closely with Architects, Tech Leads, and Software Engineers to understand the testing requirements.
- Work with the Global Engineering team encompassing multiple time zones as required.
What qualifications we are looking for?
- 0-3 years of hands-on experience in testing
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with:
- API testing
- Web Services testing
- Web application testing
- Testing system integrations at the functional as well as the non-functional level
- Familiarity with:
- Cloud concepts
- Docker container technology
- Networking concepts
- Demonstrated ability to
- Write test cases that can be carried out
- Debug through logs
- Troubleshoot and root-cause analysis
- Scripting with Shell/Python/Ruby
- Programming with Java
- Understanding of XML, XSD, JSON, REST, SOAP
- Ability to identify boundaries between integrated systems
- Experience with test automation
- Knowledge of automation frameworks
- Understanding of network security domain
- Understanding of networking concepts
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Experience working with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Bamboo