Software Engineer - Java
About the team
This position is for the Integrations team, which is responsible for integrating Qualys products with various 3rd party vendor systems. Our usual work activities include doing research and development on new integration opportunities, learning new technologies and systems so that we can develop working prototypes. We take pride in extending Qualys offerings into other systems so that customers benefit the most from our work.
What will you do?
- Your primary responsibility will be to own the end-to-end system integrations with Qualys. We have many integrations with cutting edge products/systems/platforms, and you shall be working on them.
- You will work with our key partners to define the scope, develop the integrations and participate in deciding further road map.
- You will also interact with the internal product owners to suggest improvements to the data models, flows, user experience.
- You will also be the go-to expert on Qualys APIs and integration projects.
What Qualifications are we looking for?
- 0-3 years of hands-on experience in Java.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- You love playing with APIs.
- You enjoy quickly creating cool, user-friendly, and high-quality integrated solutions using different components.
- Good understanding and experience of
- OOPS concepts, design patterns
- Multi-threading, process management
- Build tools like Maven
- Willingness to learn and work on new technologies.
- Openness and ability to work on multiple projects
- Solution and result oriented, self-disciplined mind-set.
- Ability to
- Think logically and critically for interpreting, analyzing customer needs and discussing industry capability needs.
- Analyze partner applications and our core software features to quickly design, develop and test integration projects.
- Evaluate technical options.
- Implement object-oriented architectures to create elegant, scalable, reusable and testable code.
- Debug API/integration code.
- Organize, prioritize, plan, make decisions and work independently.
- Self-learn by doing
- Prior experience with network security domain.
- Prior experience with container technologies like Docker.
- Experience working with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Bamboo
- Prior experience working on API/Web Services based bi-directional integration projects. (direct/system-to-system/cloud to on-premise, cloud to cloud)
- Prior experience with Build automation systems like Jenkins, Bamboo.