Consultant - San Francisco
What we’re looking for:
Propeller is looking for great management consultants. If finding simple solutions to complex problems is a passion of yours, and you not only care about the sustainability of those solutions but also the way they help people do their jobs, then a career at Propeller might be for you. You’ll become a trusted advisor to great clients and you’ll have incredibly supportive colleagues who are committed to helping each other.
Propeller may be for you if:
- You enjoy solving problems.
- You love taking on difficult challenges and coming up with creative solutions. When you don’t have all the answers, you’ll roll up your sleeves and dig in to find them.
- You like helping people. You get excited to work with new clients and partner with them to define business problems and opportunities. You enjoy leading diverse individuals and teams through uncharted territory. You are an energy bringer.
- You pay attention to the details. You strive for excellence in everything that you do.
- You are curious. You thrive in the unknown. You have the grit and tenacity to continue moving projects forward and working through an ambiguous challenge.
- You communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing. You are comfortable presenting your ideas in front of a large audience or executive stakeholders.
- You enjoy working with diverse clients to define business problems and opportunities.
- You’re focused on demonstrating a client service mentality and leaving the client better off.
- You know how to listen for unspoken client concerns. You have the humility required to know your limitations, and the confidence required to lead from back stage.
- You have the perfect blend of analytical gymnastics and creative prowess.
- You want to work where you live. All our consultants work locally with no travel required.
- Experience managing and/ or working on projects in technology environments; waterfall project management techniques critical, Agile preferred
- Experience managing and/ or working on change initiatives in support of projects that drive process, people, and/ or technology transformation
- Experience leveraging business analysis skills to drive process improvements while skillfully maneuvering between and managing expectations of myriad stakeholders
- Experience working in ambiguous environments and the ability to identify and mitigate risks and issues as well as bring structure to the structure-less
- Strong presentation, communication, and facilitation skills
- Career history that demonstrates progressive responsibilities and accountability
- 3-15+ years of business analysis, project management, change management, and/or management consulting experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
You might also have:
- Industry expertise in health care, retail, high tech, finance, and/or utilities
- Functional area expertise in ecommerce, digital, mobile, supply chain technology, and/ or customer experience
- Experience running and/ or working on projects using any or all of the following: Software Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Lean, Agile (SCRUM/Kanban) methodologies
- Certifications in any or all of the following: Prosci ADKAR, Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Project Management Professional (PMP), Lean Six Sigma
- Product management and/ or product data management (PDM) experience in technology environments; experience with the cloud, SaaS, and/ or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience in organizational effectiveness and/ or talent development
- Experience evaluating and managing third party vendors
Note: Our primary Bay Area office is located in downtown San Francisco and partners with clients in San Francisco. We also have an office servicing clients in Silicon Valley. Depending on your experience, current location and interest, we may want to consider your candidacy for a role based primarily in Silicon Valley. If you are selected to interview, then your preferences will be discussed in the interview process.