At Cauldron, we are passionate about empowering gamers to become the hero of their own adventures. We believe that a great story unites a global community together, and we are excited to bring the best creative talent in interactive entertainment to bring these stories, your stories, to life.
Proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios, our team is working on an unannounced, original AAA Adventure game and eagerly welcomes those interested in learning through collaboration and pushing the boundaries of their craft. We are currently looking for a world-class Art Director that is an industry veteran and craft expert. They have practical experience in maintaining and growing a world-class artistic vision to support the overall game vision with a proven execution to ship. They will coordinate large teams of artists across multiple subject areas to execute the creative promise for a large-scale new project.
Who You Are:
- You have shipped at least one AAA game in an Art Lead or Art Director role.
- You are excited to collaborate in a creative team environment and are capable of working well in both independent and team environments.
- A passion for and/or desire to explore possibilities of stylized (real-time) visuals.
- Embraces a "we" culture in addition to being an outstanding collaborator and communicator.
- Comfortable building throwaway work to prove concepts as quickly as possible.
- Ability to take initiative to solve problems with excellent follow-through.
- Ability to lead artists to high-quality results by quickly providing clear and meaningful feedback.
What You Will Do:
- Build, lead, and guide a team of cross-disciplinary artists through all phases of development and champion their needs.
- Aim for efficiency, decisiveness, and aim for world-class experiences.
- Drives and develops the artistic goals and inspiration through all phases of the game development cycle from pre-production through final product release.
- Ensure all art assets are of the highest artistic quality and uphold the integrity of the game's design and artistic vision of the game as a whole.
- Ability to clearly communicate artistic vision to the team, project, and stakeholders and see the vision through to execution in the game.
- Partner with the leadership team to identify and solve artistic challenges including growing and maintaining a stylistic vision, establishing and maintaining aesthetic standards, and influencing the technical direction to best support the artistic, design, and narrative goals.
- Work with the other directors, leads, and producers to support collaboration across art, animation, design, audio, engineering, and user research to reach project goals and offer art-driven solutions to design challenges.
- Contribute to studio and team-building efforts including team training/development, recruiting, community outreach, and networking.
- At least 7 years of game art production experience, including experience in an art leadership role
- Proven track record of delivering clear and consistent visual feedback that elevates other artists’ work
- Strong familiarity with the competitive gaming landscape
- Demonstrated experience in artist workflows, tools, and pipelines. Ideally this includes hands-on experience in more than one art field such as VFX, Lighting, Characters, Materials, Environments, etc.
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters is a next generation independent game company that creates long-lasting studios and exceptional games. Revolutionizing the way AAA game studios are built, ProbablyMonsters provides its teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers while delivering best-in-class entertainment through a positive people-first culture.
We have built three studios so far. Each of them has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating. Knit together inside the ProbablyMonsters family culture, all studios are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.
Connected by the company’s mission to unite, guide, and empower developers to create exceptional entertainment experiences, developers at Cauldron are given the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions.
Learn more at www.probablymonsters.com/careers