Lead Lighting Artist
Playground Games is looking for a Lead Lighting Artist to join our talented Forza Horizon team here in Leamington Spa.
You will proactively drive lighting technology, processes and pipeline in collaboration with other departments. You will ensure the delivery of high quality lighting work across all areas of the game, while also identifying risks or opportunities for improvement. You must have a proven track record, be highly motivated and detail conscious.
You should have:
- Excellent knowledge of lighting pipelines and cutting-edge art techniques.
- Strong interest in realistic lighting.
- Strong interest in photo realistic lighting.
- Excellent knowledge of PBR materials.
- Experience leading and mentoring a team.
- The ability to produce benchmark quality lighting look-development.
- Experience contributing to the development of AAA lighting pipelines.
- Expert understanding of physically based rendering for games.
- Excellent knowledge of lighting and colour theory.
- An interest in off-line 3D rendering.
- An understanding of digital photography principles.
- Experience with 3DSMax.
- An understanding of animated VFX is desirable, but not required.
This is an excellent opportunity for exceptional lighting artists who are looking to further their career with an ambitious developer.