Game Designer - Contract
Playground Games is looking for a Game Designer to join our Fable team on a contract basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
As a Game Designer, you will be working with the Game Design team to design and implement systems and features within Fable. As a Game Designer you will act as a champion of quality across the game team.
Our ideal candidate is a promising Designer who is passionate about their craft, skilled in all aspects of Game Design, a willingness to be hands on and has the track record to prove it.
This is a contract role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa.
What you’ll do:
- Create and maintain high-quality feature and system designs.
- Work with a highly motivated, talented cross-discipline team.
- Use our custom, propriety engine and tools to implement systems and features to the highest standard and deliver on the project’s vision.
What you’ll bring:
- A portfolio demonstrating high-quality Game Design work. This portfolio can be submitted as a link to a portfolio website or added as an attachment along with your CV.
- A flexible, motivated and friendly approach to your work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A genuine passion for video games.
- Experience prototyping or implementing features using text-based or visual tools (for example, unity, unreal or similar).
This is a fantastic opportunity to make world-class games with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.