Playground Games is looking for a Presentation Director to join our Fable team on a permanent basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
As Presentation Director, you will work across all creative disciplines to define the direction of our game’s graphic design and user experience.
Our ideal candidate is an expert artist and leader who is passionate about their craft, skilled in conceptualising and developing AAA-level visual style, and has the track record to prove it.
This is a permanent role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa.
What you’ll do:
- Establish the visual identity of the game’s presentation, including all UI/HUD elements and graphic design in the game world.
- Work with stakeholders across all creative disciplines to communicate this vision and support the team in creating it in the game.
- Work with the Marketing team to create strong brand guidelines for the game that are recognisable across multiple media formats.
- Manage a team of artists and encourage them to do the best work of their careers.
What you’ll bring:
- 8-12 years of video game UI experience, with demonstrable work on building brands and establishing brand guidelines.
- The ability to communicate artistic vision and effectively critique the team’s work.
- Proven background in multiple 2D disciplines, including motion graphics, print design, and interactive media.
- A strong understanding of usability and user experience principles.
- A genuine passion for video games.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make world-class games with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.