Playground Games are seeking a Technical Animator to join our Forza Horizon team who will help realise our games vision and work alongside award-winning technical and creative talent. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of rigging and deformation, while contributing to the development our internal animation pipeline.As a Technical Animator, you’ll work with the animation and engineering teams to devise solutions and workflows, creating rigs for animators and high-fidelity deformation for assets. Your analytical ability and planning skills will help the studio develop tools for the future to support character and animation production.
- A good eye for anatomy and silhouette
- Strong knowledge and experience of rigging methods and deformation in Maya and/or 3DS Max
- Motivated, creative and able to utilise own initiative to implement solutions and improvements to internal processes
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your animation rigs and rigging tool development for games
- Ability to code with Python and/or Maxscript
- Experience creating state machines and an understanding of runtime IK solutions