Senior Environment Artist - Purpose Driven Games
You may not know us, but you certainly know our clients: Microsoft, Sony, Activision, Square and many others. At Pipeworks, we create innovative, best-selling, cross-platform games for top-tier publishers and properties. We have been creating hits since 1999, and we are seeking exceptionally talented and entrepreneurial game creators as we lead into the future of digital entertainment.
Pipeworks is looking for a Senior Environment/3D Artist to work on Purpose-Driven Game projects. The Senior Environment/3D Artist will create and refine detailed photo-realistic and representational environments, landscapes, and props that are visually and technically industry leading.
Essential Job Functions
- Create environments for individual projects as needed
- Investigate and test optimal approaches for each platform that hit the highest quality within the given rule sets
- Understand what the Art Lead requires for the project, then research, develop, and implement it in-engine
- Research current techniques used and utilize the most relevant processes
- Manage and mentor other environment/3D artists on the team
- 5+ years professional experience creating high quality, game ready environment assets
- Understanding of Maya, Max or Blender
- Experience creating a large variation of architecture, props, vehicles, and landscapes
- Unity experience is a must
- Ability to create environment textures within tools such as Photoshop/Substance Designer
- Ability to light a scene based on the design of mood within the game
- Ability to come up with creative compromises
- Work with design to determine level flow and how it pertains to environments
- Work closely with technical art to develop new or improved upon techniques to improve visual quality
- Ability to keep a clear and consistent schedule
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to give strong estimates for project planning
- Ability to work with other departments as needed
- Understanding of bug fixing and investigation
- Plus: Unity Cinemachine knowledge and implementation
- Plus: Unity Particle VFX
- Plus: Ability to concept environments
Demonstrated Ability To
- Make strong, visually impactful environments and push the envelope when needed
- Work in an organized and structured way
- Work effectively with other artists and engineers to achieve project goals
- Solve problems to the benefit of the project/team
Education & Experience Required
At least 5 years of experience in a similar role required. Degrees and/or certifications in Art preferred.
Purpose-Driven Games Specific Requirements
US Citizen (due to project requirements)
Candidate should provide a portfolio of art that they have created or directed and a resume detailing the projects and studios they have contributed to.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance Policy
- Generous Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holiday, & Sick time)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Club Discounts
- Annual Company Events
- Project Wrap Parties
Pipeworks Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Pipeworks Studios recognizes the importance of creating an environment where all our employees feel included and empowered to bring ideas to the table. We value each employee’s unique experiences and perspectives across our company and recognize that it is both the smart and right thing to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization.
By diversifying our workforce, increasing equity, and ensuring that our individual differences are valued, we are better able to deliver an experience that reflects, inspires, and connects with our audience... because games are for everyone!
Pipeworks provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Go to Pipeworks.com to see some of our continued efforts and our 2021 Diversity Report.