The Advancement Associate is a critical part of POST’s sophisticated fundraising team. This person is on the front line of acknowledgement and donor communications, working with the entire POST team to ensure donor inquires and requests are handled promptly and appropriately and are captured in our Salesforce database. The Advancement Associate is responsible for written and verbal communications with thousands of smaller donors and for helping to develop stories of POST’s work made possible by our donors — from solicitation through stewardship — that inspire. This position also supports the data used to analyze fundraising results, donor conversion, outreach events and marketing efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ideate and develop acknowledgement, solicitation and stewardship language for digital, direct mail and integrated campaigns by:
- Researching, collaborating, and drafting copy focused on the <$2,500 per year donor segment.
- Working across the POST team and outside vendors to monitor timelines and keep those involved aligned, incorporating feedback and reaching approval.
- Regularly reviewing and refreshing our acknowledgement language as well as, with the assistance of POST’s marketing automation experts, the donor drip campaign messages.
- Manage development, production, and delivery of donation acknowledgments by:
- Maintaining, refining and managing the acknowledgement letter process. This includes accurate online gift splash pages, auto responder emails, printed letters, tribute cards, and monthly gift acknowledgements.
- Executing donation acknowledgements for all donors (with exceptions for large gifts) regardless of how they give - check, credit card payment, cash, electronic transfer, stock gifts and the like within POST’s defined response times.
- Supporting the documentation and communication of our acknowledgement generation procedures and donor stewardship processes.
- Maintaining file structure of acknowledgement materials and gift correspondence for efficient usability on Box.
- Coordinating POST stationery and postage supply needs with Executive Assistant.
- Monitor donations and work with donors to resolve telephone and email inquiries promptly, including processing donor gifts. Record donor communications and stewardship promptly in Salesforce and proactively reach out to monthly donors when there are issues with their card on file.
- Update relevant donor and gift information in Salesforce in a timely, accurate manner to support donor stewardship efforts and reporting.
- Assist with reporting and analytics related to giving by:
- Providing visibility into donor questions and responses during campaigns.
- Sharing monthly donor performance results with larger Marketing team.
- This position may directly train interns or temps as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS JOB
- 2-3 years of experience in fundraising solicitations via direct mail.
- Working knowledge of the donor journey from prospect to new donor at the lower giving levels.
- Knowledge of Salesforce NPSP is preferred.
- Experience and comfort managing mail merge functionality is required.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with colleagues, donors and outside vendors is required.
- Exceptional accuracy, attention to detail, proofreading and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Positive attitude and team player – able to work across the POST organization with Marketing, Finance, Fundraising and others.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products for Mac.
- Comfort with Adobe Creative Cloud preferred.
- College degree preferred.
- Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
- This position does require many hours in front of a computer monitor daily.
- May require some night and weekend monitoring of donations depending on campaign timing.