This is an exciting opportunity to learn about all facets of marketing within a technically savvy leading-edge nonprofit organization. POST’s Marketing Assistant provides essential support for the marketing team with a focus on quality content creation, digital distribution and effectiveness. Working closely with and for members of the marketing and fundraising teams, your work supports the growth of POST’s community of donors and supporters.
- Research and draft copy for field guides, blog posts, web pages and marketing emails that are sent to 78,000+ recipients monthly.
- Curate appropriate imagery for content and manipulate photos as needed.
- Update website imagery, copy, blog posts and more via our Wordpress content management system.
- Assist on all email marketing campaigns and become proficient in our email marketing (and marketing automation) system, Pardot.
- Assist with the active management of POST’s social channels while maintaining the POST brand voice, look and feel.
- Assist in the design and copy development for a variety of print and digital ads.
- Research and fact check content as needed with our land team and external sources to ensure accuracy of all publicly available content.
- Carry out administrative responsibilities such as processing invoices, pulling mailing lists, compiling data and other tasks as assigned.
- Update and organize our extensive photo library using keywords and appropriate filing to support easy curation for photo use in print and digital pieces.
- Manage POST’s general email inbox and reply to inquiries in a professional and timely manner.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- 1-3 years of general marketing experience
- Proficient in both long and short form written storytelling
- Good understanding of marketing functions including digital, social media, email marketing and website best practices
- Experience publishing on social media in a professional capacity preferred
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is required
- Familiarity with customer databases, Google analytics, email marketing systems, content management systems and marketing automation strongly preferred
- Experience or strong interest in learning about marketing email segmentation, automated campaigns and digital advertising
- A general understanding of brand voice and an eye for design required
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with many different stakeholders to keep projects on track
- Strong interpersonal skills, discretion and a professional demeanor
- Knowledge of, or a passion for the natural world, the outdoors, land conservation and/or land management are beneficial in this role.
- Interest in or a passion for diversity, equity and inclusion is desirable.
- Must be able to work in a standard office setting using standard office equipment, including a computer, and strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 10 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the phone.
- This position requires many hours working at a computer.