Purpose of Position:
This position provides support to the Director of Finance and Accounting Manager in multiple areas of the finance department including deposit and payment processing, governmental compliance, interfacing with employees regarding accounting issues, and in the preparation of the organization’s tax return and annual audit. In addition, this position supports the entire organization as the primary source of vendor invoice data entry.
Essential Duties & Functions:
- Process deposits and payments received by the organization, including scanning checks into the bank via remote capture and recording journal entries in Intacct, our cloud-based general ledger.
- Process all payments to vendors and contractors.
- Constantly review and streamline accounting processes i.e. accruals, prepaids and reclassifications to ensure efficiency for all POST teams
- Support the Director of Finance throughout the organization’s annual audit through the preparation of reports, analysis, and other deliverables.
- Support the Director of Finance throughout the preparation of the organization’s tax return (Form 990), and other required corporate filings.
- Assist the Accounting Manager with monthly and yearly bank and general ledger reconciliations.
- Manage, reconcile and record Petty Cash transactions
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of our PEX (debit card) transactions and manage the process with employees.
- Prepare and issue Form 1099’s and Form DE542.
- Provide general administrative support to the Administration team, such as organizing files and ensuring adherence to our document retention policies.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills Required to Perform This Job:
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting/Business Administration or related field preferred but not a requirement.
- At least 2 years of experience in accounting or audit.
- Excellent attention to detail in a fast-paced environment without sacrificing accuracy.
- Experience and comfort in a Mac environment.
- Highly proficient using Excel with large data sets—especially comfort with filters, VLOOKUP’s, and custom functions.
- Non-profit organizational and regulatory experience highly desired.
- Previous experience with Intacct highly desired.
- Highest personal and professional integrity
- Pro-active self-starter who is not afraid to find and implement solutions.
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively handle simultaneous projects for multiple departments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be comfortable with routine tasks.
- Prepared and excited to be a “service professional” to other POST teams
- Understanding of and commitment to POST’s mission.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must possess ability to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
- This position may require limited evening and weekend work.